Monday, October 29, 2007

Stoobid

My computer is quite convinced that it's noon. But it's 1:00pm. This is because we have decided to extend Daylight Savings Time. I really hate DST and would like to abolish it altogether. I would absolutely vote for anyone who made that a campaign issue. I don't think it saves anyone anything.

So there.

In other news, it was 2C this morning. Maybe 35F? Brrr.

Also, last week another mom and I made candy apples for DS's whole school. It took 2 mornings. WTF are we ever thinking? THEN! the school was going to sell them and I went off the deep end. The hell you will! No-one asked us about that at all. We were just going to give them away. In fact, the VP had said we could do just that. We did end up giving them away, but only because some weren't done quite right. Meh. Like the kids care. It's food on a stick. Kids love food on a stick.

And? DD wants to make chocolate molds and take them for her class. Only one batch to go and we'll have 25!

And? We have 3 pumpkins to carve.

And? I need to send a treat for DS's class.

And? I stayed up until 2 am making sigs for BTAR12 because I won't have a chance again until after Halloween.

11 Comments:

At Monday, October 29, 2007 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

You are one busy mama! My computer's clock was OK, even thought the time switch was extended a week. But our VCR's and DVD's clock automatically went back an hour and we had to manually update it.

 
At Monday, October 29, 2007 2:28:00 PM, Blogger MM said...

Goodness gracious, how do you do it?!? I'm always impressed with you!

 
At Monday, October 29, 2007 3:21:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Pssst! It's ok to say no!

But since you are up to it could you make me an apple too? Thanks!

 
At Monday, October 29, 2007 4:41:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Whoa! Two posts in a row, you have "oo" in the one-word title! :)

I'm making candy apples tonight! I bought apples, corn syrup, and stick overs the weekend. Last night, I bought cinnamon oil and a candy thermometer, so I'm ready to go! I love candy apples.

 
At Monday, October 29, 2007 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

No DST? Dem's fightin' woids! I prefer DST year round! I hate hate hate when the days get short. Maybe I need to move to the equator or something.

It was 0C here this morning, so there. :-P ;-)

Lemme know whether you need help with the sigs. But you always do so well!

 
At Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Mark has a fistful of sticks ready to go.

 
At Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:56:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

I despise DST. It's pointless, IMO. Not to be a smartazz to Cyg, but the days are still 24 hours. And you still have the same amount of sunlight time. If *you* want to get up an hour earlier, do so, but don't make everyone else. My body knows I'm making it get up at 5:00, even if the clock shows the time as 6:00.

I don't know if this is true, but I was told (either last year or earlier this year) that the plan here in the US is to go to DST year round, which has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

 
At Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Candy apples for the whole school sounds like a great big bunch of candy apples! You are beyond generous, Seana.

DST is a useless relic of the past. I also think that the whole country (the US anyway) should be one time zone.

 
At Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:51:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I think I might have a low-level Seasonal Affective Disorder, whereby my mood goes south as the days get shorter. (pause for "And this is different from usual how?") So of COURSE you all have to accommodate me! :-P

Arkie: Good point, but the sun going down at 6 is a world of difference from it going down at 5. Of course, Hawaii has no DST because it doesn't need it. Maybe that's where I need to go; perhaps Woe needs a pool boy.

 
At Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Just move to AZ Cyg! ANd you won't have to worry about it any more! Or doesn't WVirginia not do it either?

Wow Seana! That's alot of Candy Apples! Here, the legislature has passed some crazy rule that we can only take healthy snacks for treats at school...and they must be store bought. So I couldn't even make sugar cookies for parties in my kids' classes. :-(

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:52:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

The candy apples were a PITA. I don't think I ever need to make them again. They're better when you just buy them at the store. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home