Camping 2007
So the yearly weekend camping trip was this weekend. What a lot of fun. Instead of a Conservation Authority or Provincial Park, we chose a private family campground that actually caters more to trailers than tents. Most of the trailers are obviously there year-round. The residents were very friendly, waving as they toodled past on their golf carts.
Oddly enough, there were hardly any bugs. Or squirrels. Or visible birds. In fact, this place had hardly any nature in it at all.
Saturday was DS's 5th birthday. He is very proud to be 5. He got a new Transformer and a Spiderman Plug-and-Play video game. He was such a good boy all weekend. He can be a bit of a handful. What he really needs is lots of individual attention. He got that from DH and DD and me this weekend. I taught the kids to play badminton. Our record is now 5 hits! We only spent maybe 3 hours down at the playground/waterpark section of the campground. The rest we spent playing together as a family at our campsite. We all felt very relaxed. My kids are great, you know? Just really great kids.
What I learned this weekend:
- even though you have installed a car stereo with huge speakers on your golf cart and are blaring heavy metal music from the 80's and classic rock from the 70's, you are still not cool.
- even though everyone on a golf cart (or vehicle of any kind) gave a friendly wave as they drove past our site, DH says the reason the men waved at us is that I am hot. He could see it on their faces.
- DH is so totally cute.
- pay showers suck.
- trains that run over level crossings where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic are required to blow their horns loudly and frequently.
- the lake/picnic/play area of the campground is on the other side of a train track.
- the loud and frequent blowing of the horn on trains passing over level crossings is no less loud or frequent when the train is passing by at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, 5 am, 6 am or 7 am.
I'm going to publish now, so that I can go to sleep in my own bed. I enjoy going away, but I enjoy coming home too.


6 Comments:
Speaking of squirrels, they found a squirrel in a nearby area here who has bubonic plague.
It sounds like a wonderful, memorable vacation for all of you. However, nothing beats your own bed and your own bathroom.
Yay, a Seana update! :)
Sounds like a perfect family vacation. I'm sure the kids will always cherish the memories.
When I camped as a kid, the squirrels were almost a nuisance. They'd come right up and take food from your hands!
I think your DH is right. ;-)
*waves*
I'm trying to picture a golf cart turned into a boombox. I'm not having a lot of success.
And happy birthday DS!
When your man tells you that golf cart driving men are waving at you because you are hot, you need to believe them. Believe me, we CAN see it on other men's faces!
Sounds like fun!
Your hubby is so sweet. Most husbands wouldn't think to say that. So yeah, must be true!
Glad the kiddos had a good time.
Sounds like a great camping trip, Seana!
Too bad about the train whistle thing. When you live near a track you get so used to the whistle that you sleep right through it and mostly don't even notice it during the daytime either.
Say, you're looking hott today!
Post a Comment
<< Home