Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wanna Hold My Hand?

I was very popular with the 4-year-olds on the field trip today. At the beginning of the school year, R had quite a lot of trouble fitting in. He was very young for his age, kind of thing. He has made heaps of personal progress, but still lags behind his classmates in social development. His mother and stepfather need a swift kick. I have never been so happy as when I discovered that his new babysitter was the mother of one of DD's friends. Wonderful woman.

None of this is the point. The point is that he sat with me and DS on the bus as we went to the Marine Discovery Centre today. And he held my hand often over the day. And he sat in my lap as we watched movies. And he played with my hair and stared in my face and sort of creeped me out a bit.

I suppose I should quickly say that we went on a surprise field trip yesterday. We'd only had about a week's notice for it. All the JK's and SK's went. R sat with DS and me on the bus. At one point during the show, little girl J decided she was scared and sat on my lap. She is another with issues that I'd like to belt her mother for.

So she also spent time holding my hand. And so did M. And T wanted to too. At one point I had DS on one hand, and two kids on the other, one with 2 fingers and one with 2 fingers and a thumb.

So, who else wants a piece of me?

12 Comments:

At Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

*holds Seana's foot*

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Ha! You reminded me that when I was standing and the kids were sitting on the floor, I had a kid sitting on each foot.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I would, but I doubt DH would approve.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 8:03:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Awww! They love you! That's probably because you are such a sweet lady.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 9:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very sweet. *grabs the other foot*

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 12:14:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

*sidles up to Seana*
*holds out hand*
*waits for an opening*

 
At Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Both feet are taken, both hands are taken, what am I supposed to hold on to?

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Bob has no ida how to sxpell margarita but she can drimk them.

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:44:00 PM, Blogger dragonflies said...

*grabs Seana's hair*

Isn't that the most wonderful feeling, being wanted?

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

You'd do great as a mother of quintuplets.

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:57:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I will not pull your finger, if that's what you are asking.

 
At Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

*spoons Seana, since all the extremities are taken*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home