Saturday, June 30, 2007

Spray Paint

I painted the wrought iron columns of my front porch on Sunday. The rusty parts are all covered up now, so we look less like we belong in a trailer park. I used spray paint, because it took me days and days to paint all the stupid wrought iron railings with brushes last year (oh, and I'll have to do them again, because the rust is showing through) and I didn't want to deal with that again.

Bad idea.

I *still* can't feel the tip of my finger, from having to hold the button on the spray can. It's so weird. It feels kind of like the scar I have on my foot from when I had a cyst removed. Kind of like when your foot falls asleep, right before the pins and needles feeling, there's a weird numbness. It's annoying.

*****

I bought aerosol sunscreen, SPF 50. The regular trigger-spray stuff goes on clear, so I was expecting that. Imagine my surprise when I go to apply this new stuff to DS's back and it looks like a spray-painted him. It works well enough, but you have to spread it around manually. "Ultra Fine Mist", my ass.

10 Comments:

At Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:51:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

LOL at the soray-on sunscreen! Does DS now look something like J Slice?

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 2:30:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Does the spray paint have rust-Oleum or a rust resistant thingamajig in it?

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I know that numb finger feeling. Plus you get a round indentation on your finger that takes forever to pop out! And you have to use your index finger. I've tried it with my thumo and fu finger. Doesn't work.

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

And thumo = thumb.

Fu finger is obvious, I think.

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I had a defective can of the spray stuff that went on splattery. Maybe you got a defective can.

 
At Monday, July 02, 2007 6:59:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

The finger will be back to normal. Eventually. And just think, you could still be out there painting with the brushes.

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a good can, but I'm not sure how much I like it. I feel like I need to rub it on in order for it to work.

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Oh I havet he continuous spray sunscreen. It is great and you don't have to rub it in! It is so quick and easy to get on. However we go through the cans like crazy. One can barely lasts a week.

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2007 10:40:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*spray paints "NUTZ" on Seana's front steps*

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 6:32:00 PM, Blogger MM said...

Just poppin in to leave a *smooch* for Seana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home