Spooky
Last night I put up some of the Hallowe'en decorations. I was going to say "the kids and I" did it, but as soon as we went out, they saw the 3 girls from down the street and the 5 of them spent the whole time running between the houses. I wish I could download pics right from my camera. Between the wrought-iron columns on the front porch, I made a big spiderweb out of leftover yarn. I got a spider from the dollar store, which I thought was a balloon one, but it's a leaf one. It's just huge. I've been filling it with crumpled newspaper. I think we'll put it on the car on Hallowe'en. We're also going to put the skulls-on-a-stick in the planter like flowers. And we have 3 huge pumpkins. They were $2 each! Woo! I usually wait too long and end up with puny (but pricy) pumpkins. You should have seen the $10 pumpkins. They were just gigantic.
The kids are going as a warrior princess and a ninja, respectively. I'm glad DS decided not to be Darth Vader after all. I couldn't find just a mask, believe it or not and I didn't want to buy a whole costume. DD will be wearing one of my old leather miniskirts with an old leather vest. There are a few belts and things to accessorise with...but I need to find a shirt or something. I may give up my traditional witch costume in favour of a pirate this year.
We're giving out Doritos and Cheesies this year.
What are you doing for Hallowe'en?


8 Comments:
I still haven't put up any decorations because everything is in the basement and stairs are not my friend these days.
At the very least I need to hang Grizzelda, my 4 ft soft-sculture witch. I have a bunch of skeletons too - just not sure if they are going to make the 'show' or not.
We get very few T-or-Ters so we hand out full-size candy bars. Which is what I will be doing.
Not much going on around here. We didn't get around to carving pumpkins (or even picking OUT pumpkins) this past weekend, so I'm not sure we even will this year. All of our decorations are still in their Rubbermaid totes in the shed. However, Rotten2's cheerleader costume is complete. Rotten1 is waiting on his uncle to dig out football pads to complete his costume.
DD will be wearing one of my old leather miniskirts with an old leather vest.
*imagines Seana so clad*
*heads to confession*
*is ultimately grateful Seana didn't wear that when they met for dinner*
My daughter used to love to play dress-up in my old clothes.
I think I may borrow your spider web made out of yarn idea.
Sometimes our stores have coupons for free pumpkins with a purchase. I like those.
I'm coming to your house to trick-or-treat.
Halloween is the 9 year anniversary of our engagement. To celebrate, Chris will be working (making sure sex offenders are home with their lights turned off) and I will be doing something or another.
I still need to finish my scarecrow. Conner is finally excited, so I will be helping him through the neighborhood. We have 85 houses. My goal is to get to at least 50.
Why doesn't it surprise me that Boo knows exactly how many houses there are to canvass in her neighborhood, AND has a numerical goal associated with it!
And what? No candy? :(
On Halloween, I will be playing hockey. Halloween is my least favorite holiday ever.
LOL @ Boo & MTW!
Post a Comment
<< Home