Friday, October 19, 2007

Mushbrain

The kids and I went to the library Wednesday night for OurSchool Family Night. It was cool. The (current) author of the Franklin series was there to read a bit and answer questions. The event was very well-attended. In fact, it was a bit of a madhouse. Two of the books I had requested were in, so I picked those up and DS got a book out. Due to the crowding at the door, however, I forgot to actually put the books in my bag. I didn't realise it until we got home. Since DH has the car this week, I called the branch to ask if they could hold the books for me to pick up. We were not going to walk all the way back.

So yesterday morning, DH and I dropped the kids off at school and went grocery shopping. We had a nice time. I was going to get some sour cream to make dip, but all the expiry dates on the light kind I like were the 17th, so I was going to look at another brand and got distracted by something shiny. Then:

come home, unload & put away groceries
pick up DS
have lunch
kiss DH goodbye
pick up DD
make pompoms for pompom cat
have dinner
have baths
go to bed

Where was the library in that? Duh. And? Our branch is closed on Friday.

Also, I decided to have some chips and dip. Can I find the sour cream? No! I know I bought some. I can remember holding a container in my hand. Where is it now? Did I leave it at the store? Did I put it away in the cupboard by mistake? Is it still in the car? Or...any this is just surmise...maybe all the sour cream of my brand had expired and I didn't get another kind for some reason.

I am a mushbrain.

10 Comments:

At Friday, October 19, 2007 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done that before.

All of that: Put it back on the shelf instead of in the cart. Put things in the fridge that belonged in the pantry. Put things in the pantry that belonged in the fridge.

Have you checked the freezer?

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 1:02:00 PM, Blogger MM said...

Have you found the sour cream yet? If it's really there (at your house) and not in the fridge or freezer, I guarantee it will show up eventually. *holds nose*

Sorry about the library. :( I think you should do less responsible stuff and you will be amazed at how much more time you have. ;-)

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 1:02:00 PM, Blogger MM said...

Oh! And welcome back to blogland! I've missed you. *smooch*

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

It is now my belief that I did not at any point actually purchase sour cream.

Double duh.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

The other day, I had to go downstairs *three* times to get what I originally wanted. Good to know I'm not the only one who suffers from attention deficit . . . do-nuts!

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:18:00 AM, Blogger mtw said...

Hehehehe

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 1:34:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

You didn't get the sour cream. Check your receipt for proof. And I want a pom pom cat!

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I commented on the chickadees below, but Blogger ate it. Maybe Blogger ate your sour cream.

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 3:22:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

I want a pom pom cat, too! That sounds cute.

And I have been a mushbrain for 9 years and 8 months and 3 days.

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 3:47:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*giggle* You need a vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home