What Happened This Week
This week was insane. Totally and completely busy. Ack! I'm still feeling busy even though I won't have too many things to do again until Wednesday.
Monday: DD's ballet dress rehearsal. These things always make me tear up. All the little girls in their costumes doing their very best. This was the highlight of the day.
Other notes from Monday:
- other breakfast lady couldn't do the grocery shopping this week, so I went alone. Blah.
- had to get gas on the way to the Cash and Carry, ran into Eavestroughs Guy.
- yelled at Eavestroughs Guy
- resolved to get estimates from reputable renovators and sue Eavestroughs Guy. City Building woman thinks I have a case.
- people I babysit for still can't pay me. Sorry. Oh, by the way, they're going to be going mini-putting for son #1's birthday. And I should really check out such-and-such butcher. They just got $200 worth of meat for their freezer.
Tuesday: not too bad
- baked muffins to put in bag breakfasts that we will be sending on field trip on Thursday. They leave very early, so we have to make everything in advance.
- still steamed about asshole who says he fixed the eaves and I didn't tell him that they still weren't working, so it's not his fault if he didn't know, except that I called him months ago to tell him just that.
- people I babysit for will pay me soon, honest.
Wednesday
Dance Recital night! All the money and all the time and all the practice comes together in this 2-hour show. And it actually *was* 2 hours this time. It's been more in the past. Last year it went until 9:45 and I was so pissed. DD had school the next day and DS was just 3. At the very end, all the dancers came out on stage for a final bow and had balloons dropped on their heads. DD loved that.
Thursday
Field Trip!
DD and Boy I Babysit #2 are going with their classes to the African Lion Safari. We have to be there at 8:15. We get there at 8:00 to help with breakfast club. We made sure to send extra food along. Many of the children who went on the trip last week didn't have lunches. So many parents are so very bad at parenting.
- still not paid. Oh, by the way, their father may have to work late, so they may not get picked up until 6 tonight. (Which means I will feed them dinner, because I don't like to see them go hungry while my children eat.) OK?
- father does not have to work late after all.
Friday
Ginormous thunderstorm. The thunder is far away and we don't see any lightning, so the kids all play outside in the rain. They have a great time. It's fun to watch them.
Saturday
We go to the park to play with the remote control truck and plane. The plane is way cool. DD and DH bond. DS hangs out with me. We kick a ball back and forth to each other after the batteries die on the truck. It is a great, great day - not too hot, lots of sunshine, everyone happy, including DH, who can be a crabby bastard.
Sunday
We'll be going out to dinner tonight. Not sure where, yet. It's our anniversary tomorrow - 13 years. We have nothing planned. But dinner is good. I don't want to go to Swiss Chalet again. The kids are trying to convince us that we should either go somewhere that they would get toys with their meal (McDonald's - blech) or the Chinese buffet, which has recently added something to its food that makes my heart race and affects my breathing. It's pretty scary, actually. We've been going there for 15 years. It would be a very appropriate place to go for our anniversary. They know us there. They know the whole story of our dating and wedding and marriage. But I just can't eat there anymore.
Well, that was lengthy.


8 Comments:
Holy Moly! Your week sounds busier than mine! How you do it, I just don't know, but I do love reading your posts. I can feel the lvoe you feel for the kids, and it makes me happy.
I'd say go after the eavestrough guy and the non-paying parents. That's just BS!
And Yay for good times in the park with the fam. Nothing beats that!
Tell the parents they can leave the kids somewhere else.
Too bad you can't drag that sorry KonTrakTorSkum into Judge Judy's court.
Nice times with the kidlets! I remember being allowed to run around in the alley during showers that were devoid of lightning.
And congrats on 13 years of wedded bliss, or a reasonable facsimile thereof! :-)
Happy Anniversary!!!
I always loved the recitals when the kids were little. *sigh*
...and I agree, tell the parents they can bring their kids elsewhere!
Happy Anniversary!
What a crazy week for you! I can't believe those people keep putting you off like that. That is very jerky.
Ah I see we have been living the same life! Dance recital time!
Happy Anniversary!
ahh! That was me, Zombs above!
Wow - busy week Seana!
I can't believe you are still duking it out with eavestrough guy! It's been - what - a year?
Stupid non-payers. I'd dump them (but not until the day after they pay up.)
Yes, Swami, nearly a year. The only reason I don't do anything about it myself is that I shouldn't have to. Though, I'm thinking about getting up on the ladder with a caulking gun and pestering him to show up anyway. Because I'm petty and bitter.
Hi, Zombie! I might have figured out it was you eventually. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home