Monday, July 30, 2007

Please leave a message at the sound of the tone.

*beep*

(I'm reading. See you soon.)


UPDATE!

It's there! The library site says it's there! And you know, they won't send out the telephone notification until tomorrow, when my branch is closed, so it's a good thing I've been checking obsessively for the last 2 days.

I bet I can get a lot of reading in before cousin gets off work tonight...

*****

A copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is IN TRANSIT! to me! at my branch of the library! Woo!

Annoyingly, I have promised the cousin who doesn't have a library card that she could read it first. Gosh, I hope it's in tomorrow. Then I can bring it to her for Scrabble night. She's already managed to sneak a peak at someone else's copy and read 9 chapters. Maybe she'll start on Chapter 10 and I'll get it back from her that much sooner.

18 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:26:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Woo Hoo! My copy arrived at the library Saturday, but I couldn't wait and bought the book anyway. I haven't started reading it yet - I'm reading book 6 again first.

I think I got spoiled last time because I was somewhere around #4 on the waiting list and so I got HP and the Half Blood Prince on the day it was released - a brand spanking new book. This time, I was 205 on the list and had to wait through the first go-around since our library system ordered "only" 175 copies!

I need to go there today and release the book to the next person on the waiting list!

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:17:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL

Not with the Harry Potter books, but with another series, I couldn't wait and bought the book. But here, the HP book is $45.98, which is way the hell too much for me to be spending on a book. What bugs me is that our dollar is almost at par with the American dollar (90 cents or so), so why the huge price difference in the books?

Actually, there have been a couple news stories on that recently, but I'm still not satisfied with the answers.

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:11:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Wow! I only bought the book because it was only $17.99! Otherwise, I would have waited.

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Yep, the book is on sale here for $17.99 at most places.

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Why did you promise her first crack at the book?

When I used to go to the library all the time I hated when people passed a popular book around to their friends and kept it out for the whole 2 weeks allowed. I figured - let them put their own darn names on the waiting list!

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

She gets first crack because she always does.

I never read HP until last summer, when cousin insisted. Up until then, I reserved them for her and didn't read them myself. Then she went out and bought all of them in paperback and gave them to me to read. I got hooked. So there you have it.

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Blogger kevingrout said...

$45?

I'm no HP fan (haven't read a single book or seen any of the movies), but I'm sure I saw the book on sale at the Superstore for around $20.

I could be wrong though.

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:20:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

I'm rereading the previous book to remember what was going on, and it's been taking a while. I'm only about halfway through that.

DD and DW have both finished the new book. DD actually read #5 (Order of the Phoenix) and #6 (Half Blood Price) starting the day the new book was released, then started reading the new one on Monday. That's about 2,000 pages of Harry Potter in less than two weeks!

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Hi meemo! Maybe it's less elsewhere, but where I've seen the book, there hasn't been a sign with a price, just a big HARRY POTTER! sign. And the books themselves say Canada: $45.95 (not .98 - my bad) The one I have from the library just says $45.00 on the inside cover. It's possible that some places are selling for less.

MTW: what a good reader you have!

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbor read hers in one day. Can you do that?

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 11:57:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I *heart* libraries. I kind of fluctuate in my use of them, but when I'm feeling frugal, it's awesome. I also love it for diet and exercise magazines when I'm on a kick.

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

*knock knock* Anyone here?

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 2:13:00 PM, Blogger kevingrout said...

That must be one friggin' long book.

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 4:17:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

Or Seana is a seriously slow reader!

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 4:17:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

Or Seana is a seriously slow reader!

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Seana, come out of hiding!

 
At Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:43:00 PM, Blogger MM said...

Hi Seana, this is Tab, just leaving you a message to say hi, I miss you...hope all is well over there. Please blog back when you get this...

 
At Saturday, October 13, 2007 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Hi Seana! I miss you too! How are the kids? How did DS do at school this year? He started kindergarten right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home