Sunday, June 03, 2007

Things

DS got his hair cut today. This was absolutely necessary because he wanted it trimmed last night and I made him look like a girl. He looks better now. Much better. DD got to tell the story of how Mommy screwed up her hair when *she* was 4 and so she had to get her hair cut at the hairdresser.

My cousin is a bitter, bitter woman. At a shower for another cousin, she made it clear that all the women in my grandmother's generation were nasty old bitches who deserved to die. Honestly. Why hold a grudge that long? I didn't ask what her problem was, but it's probably that 30 years ago, she married a black man. No-one cares now, but at the time, I hear it caused a stir.

At the same shower, sister-of-the-bride was asking me about yet another cousin. When we got to the part where other cousin and her boyfriend don't live together and have been dating for 20 years, she stared at me blankly for a long, uncomfortable time. "It's their life and their choice," I said. She didn't say "Oh, yeah" or anything. I found that odd. Maybe she'd like me to comment on her string of live-in boyfriends.

I think Gordon Ramsay is hot. Seriously.

Cogeco changed the channel that Food Network is on and now I don't get it anymore. I can't watch "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" anymore. Or Good Eats. I love Alton Brown. Damn you, Cogeco!!!

12 Comments:

At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

*glides into blog on too-small skates*
*gives Seana a big, wet garlicky smooch – with tongue!*
*skates off to next blog, giggling like a maniac*

I'll be back to comment later!

 
At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

DS will love you forever (or should) for fixing his hair.

Reminds me of my mom taking us downtown to the avant-garde Hair Garage where we got free haircuts from student stylists. It was a dark place with nude paintings on the wall and Steely Dan music on the stereo. Once, my poor older sister needed three hours to have her hair fixed after a botched job. :-(

 
At Monday, June 04, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

Oh, do I hear you. I don't think I posted pics of Flip's first haircut, did I? Botch city.

Also, my mom cut my hair way short when I was ten. They called me 'Pig Shave' for at least a month.

*smmooooooooooooch*

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only tried to cut Conner's hair once. Total disaster.

I'm glad you are here. *smooch*

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 10:09:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

MMMMM, Gordon Ramsay. I'd love him to yell dirty things at me. :-)

I cut Chris's hair now. I'm a nervous wreck while doing it. About 50% of the time I do well. The others are passable, but not great.

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I shave Tom's neckhair so he can squeeze and extra week out of his haircuts.

But you can still get Hell's Kitchen, can't you? I was so happy that started up again this week. I don't think he's "hot" but he's compelling or something. A very strange group of contestants this time...

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Boohoo! Love your new icon.

We have clippers that I use on DH. Today I shaved him bald. It's hard to mess that up.

Swami: CityTV and Fox are both running HK3, so I'm good.

You'll be pleased to know that City still plays dirty movies that don't actually show anything on Friday nights.

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:38:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Hmm. I thought I came here and smooched you already. Oh well.

*smooch*! :)

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:01:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL @ the screwed up hair! :D

*stares blankly @ Seana*

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 2:33:00 AM, Blogger Silvergirl said...

I agree that Gordon Ramsay is hot as hell. I didn't know he had a show on the Food Network. We have been tuning in to the FN more often these days, especially since there are reruns.

Hey, Cygnus - I remember the Hair Garage. I didn't know they offered free haircuts. They were quite pricey as I recall.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:34:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

SilverGirl: It's Food Network Canada, which may make a difference. The show itself is one of many British imports, like Jamie Oliver's School Dinners (among others) and Nigella Lawson's shows. I don't know if you guys would get them.

 
At Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:04:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

They did, Silvergirl, but only from the students. Then I believe they discontinued that altogether.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home