Burnt Out
I am drained of energy. I haven't exercised in 3 days and I don't care. I ate pound cake for breakfast. I'm tired of babysitting. I'm tired of breakfast club.
I'm sure this all started about 3 weeks ago when the chicken pox came to the school and we lost 2 volunteer moms. I was in every day that week. We also had a bizarre number of kids: we actually ran out of milk by the Monday. We only had 2 bags left from a 4L milk, barely enough for a day. (I do shopping on Mondays.) One of the other volunteers who helps in the JK room came in to take 2 cups of milk for her coffee and I told her she couldn't have any until after I'd been shopping. She came up with all kinds of "helpful" ways I could avoid this in the future. Bite me. We had extra kids that week. That doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I've been doing this for months. Furthermore, buy your own damn milk and bring it in with you. Then you won't be inconvenienced when the CHILDREN'S BREAKFAST PROGRAM doesn't have milk for your coffee. Old bat.
I submitted all my receipts to the office for reimbursment. We have an account at the Cash and Carry, but when we want fresh fruit or the pulp-free orange juice, it's a trip to another store. So now I have a cheque for $83.00. Holy crap. It really adds up.
My son has been acting up for the last couple weeks. I think he's tired. He can take a 2-hour nap and still go to bed on time. He gets up at 6:00 and goes downstairs to watch TV. I can't get him to take a nap in the afternoon, but I'm going to try harder because he's driving everyone nuts.
I have woken up from dreams every morning for the last 2 weeks with my heart pounding. The dreams are never terrible, but I still feel off and it colours my day. I don't know why this is happening. It's new.
Continuing the pattern of things to annoy me in the last couple weeks or so, my hair is falling out every bit as much as when I was pregnant.
I am tired of being nice to people. I'm tired of everything.
There's nothing to change and I can't rest.


13 Comments:
Bite me.
You tell her!
Um... is it possible you are pregnant? Just wondering.
*smooch*
But you have a new-found $83 to spend!
*passes Seana some soothing herbal tea*
*has her DH draw a nice warm Calgon bath for her*
I hear you re: the volunteer stuff at the school. Don't make the mistake I made and think you're indispensable. By that I mean, if you think you HAVE to do it, and you're the only one who can, you're only hurting yourself.
(If I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, tell me to bite you. :-))
Nutz: If I'm pregnant, DH will be right pissed. He's fixed.
Puffy: That's 83 of my own dollars back. It has to go in the bank.
Cyg: The three of us that are the core people keep things spread out so that no one person is overstressed, but even still, it was a long winter. Luckily, people are popping up now that the warm weather is back.
But you're right. We are all the type to overcommit. So we have been watching out for each other. It's pretty funny to listen to us sometimes: "Oh, you can't cover for S on Friday, you're already in on 3 days."
Yikes. Things sound quite hectic right now. Hopefully it will calm down and you can get some rest. *hugs*
Well! Ok, then... we can rule that out!
My second guess is that you are spreading yourself too thin. Take some time to yourself, eh?
*smooch*
I just came here for the {{{HUGS}}}
{{HUGS}}}, Seana.
And by THAT, I mean "hope things get better. I'll be thinking of you".
*smooch*
*Shows up, being all nice to Seana even though she's not sure how Chicken Pox causes extra kids.*
I was very happy when my DD went to Junior High. In Jr High kids don't want their parents around. In Elementary school the teachers and the principal were always trying to manipulate parents into doing stuff. It was stuff worth doing but I still didn't like the manipulation/subtle coercion.
*Pours comment box full of milk and leaves.*
*wishing* If only we got thin by "spreading ourselves too thin."
*hugs* to tired Seana.
I feel ya.
I'm with Swami. How does Chicken Pox =extra kids?
That aside, *hugs* to you dear. I totally understand what you are going through. The biggest worry is the sleep issue you are having. Ever think about trying some Tylenol PM a good 9-10 hours before you have to get up? I don't recommend it as a habit, but sometimes it is just what a person needs to get that good night's sleep.
And take that Calgon bath. Preferably with some nice scented candles.
I am very happy to see you. And I too laughed at the Bite Me and thought you were also preggers.
You are spreading yourself too thin. Conner has stopped napping at home on the weekends. And I have had to explain to him that just because he has, I haven't. So he has to be quiet and stay in the playroom while I rest. It works about half the time.
*smooch*
Post a Comment
<< Home