Reality TV
Nameless Show I Wish to Put a Name to for Some Reason
I was flipping channels late last night and found a show that looks a lot like Superstar USA. That was the one where they picked really awful singers and then mocked them mercilessly without them knowing it. One of the judges on the show last night was the pouty guy from American Idol, Constantine. Anyone heard of this show or know what it is? I checked IMDB and Constantine's website - who knew he had one? - and couldn't find anything. Perhaps he is embarrassed. As well he should be.
Armed and Famous
Perhaps Eric Estrada will be OK, since he played Ponch on CHiPs all those years ago. LaToya looks positively cadaverous in the ads. Have we run out of ideas, then? This is the best we, as a society, can come up with? How sad.
Deal or No Deal
It's a game show, so it's sort of reality. How did this show get so big so fast? It's so slooooow. And Howie Mandel isn't even a little bit funny. He never was. I don't get it.
Weird French Game Show Programming
The concept of 1 vs 100 reminds me vaguely of an old French program on SRC (CBC in French) called Que le meilleur gagne (May the Best Person Win). I liked that one. Basically, you started out with a room full of people in stadium seating and eliminated those who answered incorrectly until you were down to the final person.
There was, up until a little while a go, a show called La fureur that made me laugh ever time I saw it. There is a girls team and a boys team. Everyone gets a microphone. The host chick cranks up a tune and one team sings. Partway into the song, they turn the music off and the team has to keep singing by themselves. As if the concept itself wasn't funny enough, the teams sing *at* each other, in a challenging kind of way when they know the words. Whichever team knows the words best wins, I guess. I don't think I've ever seen prizes awarded. Mind you, Canadian game show Grand Prizes tend to be $200 or less.


11 Comments:
La Fureur sounds funny.
I like Howie Mandel. I don't find him hilarious but I do like him. I liked him better with hair though. It took me forever to figure out the concept of Deal No Deal because I only watched the last 2 minutes or so of the show.
I have gone from watching voluminous amounts of reality TV to almost none. In fact, I watch almost no network programming anymore. It's TAR, Gilmore Girls and ER... plus, I will watch Beauty & the Geek now... that's it. I usually watch HGTV.
I loathe Deal or no Deal and Michelle insists on watching it. *kicks Michelle*<--don't tell her I did that though. *grin*
Never even heard of Superstar USA. I definitely wouldn't watch anything with Constantine on it.
Armed & Famous sounds so very sad but I may need to watch one episode just to see them all get tasered.
I liked Deal or No Deal in the beginning and I do like Howie Mandel. However, I can't watch the show anymore because I get too anxious.
La fureur does sound hilarious.
I want to see La fureur! That sounds soooo dorky!
Armed and Famous. Eesh. I think that is one of the few reality shows that I can safely say I will not be watching! But it does crack me up on the commercials when they say "real celebrities". *snort* Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts are real celebrities. Jack Osbourne and Wee Man? Notsomuch.
I watched 1 vs. 100 for the first time last week. I liked it. I'm going to watch it again tonight.
I only watch Deal or No Deal if there is nothing else on. The contestants are all soooo annoying!
I've seen that show before. I had to search a little to get the name of it, but it's MTV's Little Talent Show.
I only want to watch Armed and Famous for the train wreck aspect. And, I hope, to mock it with a summary.
I just looked up La fureur and they've switched hosts and timeslots, so that's why I haven't seen it. Friday nights at 20h00 was better than Saturday at 18h30, I think.
Swami: I *did* like him on St. Elsewhere.
Nutz: Back when we still got TLC, that was all we watched. Now we sort of stick to Life Network and Food Network.
Bravie: Your secret is safe with me. For now. *evil grin*
Schnookie: I didn't think about watching them get tasered...
Kim: Yes, yes it is.
Jen: I'd never even heard of Wee Man. And no. They're not "real" celebrities. I'm not even sure LaToya is a real person.
Thank-you arkie! I got more hits knowing the name of the show. It's been shown in Canada on CTV, whose website makes the show sound like a serious talent search.
Turns out that The Wedding Singer is now a musical starring Constantine.
Cygnus: Gack. I wouldn't sign up for that. I mean, OK if you just want to do one, but if you sign up, you *have* to watch it. Best to leave your options open, I'd think.
It may not last long enough for me to summarize it. :-)
Is Hitler the host of La Fuerer?
I like how you write your times:
20h00 and 18h30. In my neck of the woods, we write 8:00 pm and 6:30 pm.
Bring back the fast-paced game shows!!
Post a Comment
<< Home