Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Venting

I'm having some trouble with being stupid. In honour of Boo, my complaints with myself will be in list form.

1. I gave platelets today and was asked if I would like to also give some additional plasma. I said yes. 20 minutes after I left the clinic, I felt dizzy and nauseated, just like after I give whole blood, which is why I don't give whole blood anymore. I spent the following 2 hours feeling crummy. I need to learn to say no.

2. Yesterday, I totally and completely forgot to go to the information session for people who run nutrition programs at schools. I didn't remind anyone, so no-one from our program went, despite a long discussion last week about us all going.

3. I forgot to invite the kids' cousins to DD's birthday party on Saturday. It would be pretty rude to invite them now, wouldn't it?

4. The Secret Santa present I sent has a part that I think may have been a dumb idea. I feel silly about having sent it, but it's been mailed and I can't get it back or even add something to explain what I was thinking when I put it in.

5. I have no idea what to get anyone for Christmas and I don't want to go shopping or even tidy the house.

6. I have packed my days full, but don't seem to actually accomplish anything. I feel like I'm spinning my tires and my engine's revving, but I'm not getting anywhere. I can't relax.

7. I am so busy that I won't be able to help the Kindergarten teacher tomorrow, even though I usually help him on Thursdays. I will have to ask him for something to take home to do, because I feel I am letting him down, especially after I was sick last week.

8. I forgot to do laundry and so ended up having to do it at 10:00 Sunday night so DD would have clothes for Monday.

9. Younger Brother of the boys I babysit wanted their former Transformer back, but I wouldn't let him take it.

Backstory: One day walking home from school (before their mother got the new job and they started coming to our house), DS had a Transformer that had been mine when I was young. They were passing it between themselves and the boys ended up with it. I called their mother when DS realised that he didn't have it. He was pretty upset about it. The mother said she'd grab it and they'd give it to us in the morning. However, the boys gave it to their neighbour, who lost it - or more accurately, whose mother refused to look for it. So the boys were made to give DS a Transformer in exchange. DS was good with the trade, though he still asks me if they found his yet.

I told Younger Brother that he could have it when he gave back DS's Transformer, but he was loudly pissed off. Older brother very cheerfully said that DS could keep it. Their stepdad didn't know what to do and I wonder if he thinks I'm a hardass. I sure feel like one, but the deal was a Transformer for a Transformer. I will hear from their mother if she thinks I was unfair. I feel badly. I shouldn't. If it were my kids, I'd have said it wasn't even their Transformer anymore, they'd had to give it away.

10. I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll get back to you. Actually, I feel a bit better for having said it all.

11 Comments:

At Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

1- I have not tried to give platelets.. they won't even take my blood anymore. I spent a year+ in the UK during that particular period of time, so "I" am at risk.. stupid Mad Cow Disease.
2-it's alright - this too shall pass.
3-no, I don't think it would be rude.
4-SS receivee will be glad for whatever they get- so there!
5-I'm with ya. I feel cheap this year!
6-I will bounce from task to task while at home, I have a hard time sticking with one to finish it with out doing other things in between!
And finally... toys are such a pain, aren't they!!??

*smooches* Have a good day!

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

You need some Calgon and wine. *hugs*

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

*gives Seana a nice bottle of wine*

That Carey, she smart!

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 2:22:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

You seem to be going through a rough patch right now. This too will pass. *hugs*

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 9:09:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

In college, I once donated blood . . . on a totally empty stomach! It was before lunch, and I was dead to the world. Both my parents had to come to get me and my car (I was living at home). I have since been permanently deferred from blood donation for other reasons, a status I'm trying to change.

I just think it's cool that DS enjoyed playing with a toy from your childhood. You tomboy, you! (Not that there's anything wrong with that; I married one.) Hope it gets settled.

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Forgot to say - invite the cousins! The kids won't care if the invitation is last minute. Late is better than never.

The first Secret Santa gift/card thing I ever got was from JiZZy. Do you remember him? We're talking OT Dark Ages here. Anyway he gave me a sports team t-shirt and the card was hilarious. On the front it had a picture of Santa and the words "Santa comes just once a year." Inside was a pre-printed smear (I'm pretty sure it was pre-printed) and the words "This time it was inside your card!" And just to make things even more exciting I opened this package in front of Tom, LOL.

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 3:11:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Uhhh... call the cousins and just be honest about the mistake. Invite them!

Double uhhhh... you collected Transformers when you were little? *giggle* :D

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I just stopped by to spend some time and spin my wheels a while.

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thank-you wise bloggers! I invited the cousins and they came, even though they had another party before. They're going to be so tired. They're 4 and 3.

What is Calgon? I think it's water softener. So I don't know why you would give me that. But thanks, I guess. *drinks wine*

My Transformer came in a Happy Meal. But it was cool. As a car, you pulled it back and then let it go. You wouldn't believe how kids these days love those things. After the battery-powered craze, I am finding there are just as many toys now that don't need batteries.

LMAO @ Swami's card from JiZZy, who I only know from the archives. Where would you get a card that risque?

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 2:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggles*

I can't wait to read what your giftee says about this.

I wish I had made you some cookies. Sorry you feel so crummy.

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

THe commercials had a quite frazzled woman saying, "CALGON! TAKE ME AWAAAAAY!!"
Y'all remember, maybe not the Canadiennes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home