Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Cold that Wouldn't Die

I have been sick on and off for the past month. It's getting old. On Tuesday night, my ears hurt on the inside. I mean they really hurt. They were so hot, I could feel it when I put my hands up to my ears. I didn't end up getting to a doctor or a clinic. I'm going to wait until the third time (this was only the second) and then I will complain. They keep going away after a while. I am given to understand that sometimes ear infections will go away by themselves. Also on Tuesday, my sinuses acted up. My whole face hurt. I'm still stuffed up, but at least it's just regular stuffiness.

I'm not enjoying this, but a trip to the doctor's is a huge hassle and a big chunk of time. I can't believe I just said that. If it were my kids, I'd have been down there 2 days ago. But it's me and I can live with it and still get everything done.

That's kinda dumb, isn't it? Why suffer if I don't have to? Alright, next ear or sinus thingie and it's off to the clinic.

Anyway, it's going around up here. Hope you guys are well.

16 Comments:

At Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:22:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

That's no fun. :(

I'm like you! If the kids get sick, we march right to the doc. With me, I'll suffer and hope it goes away. I'm very bad at getting there because I detest docs.

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

For Pete's sake, Seana. Go to a doctor before they have to carry you to one!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

I sure hope you feel better. I know that when we were in B.C. and Flip was earachy, they said to manage it for two days with Tempra and then see a doctor.

Do NOT delay if you keep getting it. Go, already.

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:29:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

I'm the same way. And I am fighting some sinusy thing, too.

Why are moms so stubborn when it comes to our own healthcare? The world isn't going to stop rotating just because we go to the doctor. Is it?

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yes, we Mom's are that way.. I'd suffer thru sickness going to work.. but if my kid were sick... I sure as shooting would be home!

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 3:03:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Seana! *puts on best scolding face*

You need to get your arse to the doctor ASAP! How much good are you to everyone when you have sinusitis, hmm?

Please go. I'd offer to keep the kids if only I lived closer...

*smooch*

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

MM, Seana needs an ear doctor, not an arse doctor.

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 11:29:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Shoo, go, now.

*douses Seana in sanitizer*

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL @ arse doctor. I will go to the clinic next time I have a flare-up, I promise. Otherwise, the clinic doctors look at you like you're addicted to amoxicillin. Come. on. That stuff is gross. Who would take it if they didn't have to?

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry you feel so bad. Conner has a cold today too, which is going to keep either Michael or I from going to a party tonight. I vote Michael.

Oh, and GO TO THE DOCTOR!!

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 3:49:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I' exactly like that. Feel better!

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

hope you feel better soon, Seana!

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Ya know what is goo? some tea with blackberry brandy initl.

If you can come up with a beverage, I can spike it.

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

If you can come up with a beverage, I can spike it.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:09:27 PM


I should use tha tas my tag line right?

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*covers sellf in Purell*

I hope you feel better. *air smooch*

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger arkie said...

Just checking in with you. You are still alive, right?
*puts on face mask*
*smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home