Happy Birthday, Darling Daughter!
My Beautiful Big Girl is 8 today. We went bowling with 3 cousins and 3 school friends. We had fun. We gave out clown noses in the goody bags. I have some fun pics. If I can figure out how to get them into the computer from the NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!! WOOO!! I will post them.
It's so much easier to have a party with 8-year-olds. I could never have done this before. They were all so well-behaved.
DD has been bugging me to get her a Tamagotchi, but I told her in no uncertain terms that she would not be getting one from Daddy and Mommy. And that's because I knew she'd be getting one from the mother of the boys I babysit. Hee. It keeps pooping. She spent the ride from the bowling alley worrying about how to make it stop crying. She has named it "Eric" for some reason.
From us, she got a new boom box and a 3-CD set of kids singing pop tunes. DS wanted her old one, which was the first birthday present DH ever bought me. DD has taken the old APS camera. Everything old is new again.


10 Comments:
Happy birthday to the DD!!!
Congrats on the new DIGITAL camera too! Now we can look forward to lots of Seana pics, no?
Eight to ten is my favorite age for kids. They are bright, reasonable, can have extended conversations, are interested in the world and most importantly - teenage angst has not yet set in. I hate the teenage angst years.
Happy birthday! Lots of December babies, it seems. I'm glad they were so well-behaved.
I hope she enjoys the Tamagotchi. Just the idea of it stresses me out, but I have the equivalent of two here, so maybe it's just that.
I'm guessing a Tamagotchi is the equivelant of a real baby?! Have never heard of such....must go google.
Happy Belated Birthday to Seanagirl!
Aww, 8 years old! I loved that age. LOL @ Eric. My DD named one of her dolls Nick, once. Another one was Brown Susie. I won't even get into the discussions we had to have with her about that.
I think DD named her thingy after Mr. Coco.
Yay for the new camera!
Happy Birthday Dear Seana Daughter!!!
Sorry I am late. I hope you are enjoying your music. Conner got a CD for his birthday from kidsjukebox.com. It's a personalized CD, and the songs have his name in them. He loves, loves, loves it.
And a Tamagotchi would be a . . . ?
Sounds like fun! Was the bowling with or without bumpers?
Enjoy the camera! We could use a new one ourselves.
Gosh. I'm sure there used to be Tamagotchis yeasr ago, but they couldn't be shut off and they were disruptive during school.
OK, they're these little keychain-type things with a little digital screen. A little digital creature lives in it. You pay attention to it and it requests that you do things, like feed it or play with it or whatever. It seems to poop a lot. I guess it's a bit like a video game. I haven't made any effort to understand because I always thought they were pretty stupid.
Oh, and you can pause them now. I seem to recall that the old ones would "die" if you neglected them and then you had to buy another.
Late, but... Happy Birfday, Seanagirl!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home