Friday, August 25, 2006

Smelly Family

My family poots a lot. They don't even care who hears them. DH is the worst. He blames it on his heart pills. It is certainly true that he pooted much less when I first met him, but he was also 16 years younger. I think he is just old and that's why he poots so much. *waves to Carey*

Conversation from last night:

P-t-t-t-t-t

Me: OK, who was that?

DS: [gigglevoice] Me! I fluffed. [/gigglevoice]

DD: *giggle*

Me: Good grief, where did you learn this? When I was a kid, we didn't fluff in front of each other. You held it. If you couldn't hold it, you went somewhere else.

DS: Daddy teach me. I learn from him.

DD: Yeah, Daddy fluffs a lot.

DH: It's the pills.

Geez.

11 Comments:

At Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:56:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Jeez is right.

Come see me, I got a personal trainer, and I'm sharing her plan for my flubber!

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:30:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*holds nose*

*giggles*

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I'm the opposite of your kids. My dad used to "fluff" all the time in front of family (never guests). As a young child I hated the smell even though I went along with his always making a joke of it. As an older child and teen I was just flat out embarrassed.

What I learned from *my* experience was to never, ever do it in front of anyone! Never! I will hold it in unto death before "fluffing" in front of someone!

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Maybe I'm related to you. :)
*fluff*

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

If I were to ever need to fluff (which so far I've never done in my life) I would be like Swami. ;-)

Like your DS, mine did it last night, right in the room with everyone. I was mortified, and told him that it was NOT funny, and it was disrespectful to those around him. I take fluffing very seriously./rant

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

wanted to add, when DH took the kids away for a weekend several months ago, apparently they all had gas and were allowed to let them loose all in the same hotel room. Ever since then, I've been battling this. *sigh*

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Carey: nononono, you'd be related to DH. :-)

Swami: perhaps I should speicfy that the family doesn't poot in front of company or when we're out in the world. The house and the car (!) are fair game.

*hands gas mask to Nutz*

Poor MM. Especially since you never had gas ever in your own life. :D

The worst thing is that this is all my fault. After DH had his heart attack and started on the pills, he really *did* get more gas. We still didn't poot in front of each other, so this one night when he just couldn't hold it or whatever...

"Holy shit," I said, "what a smell." And then we both laughed and this place has been poot central ever since.

I continue to hold mine, except when alone.

*hurries off to Rose's for personal trainer advice*

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Beans, beans
The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you toot
The more you toot
The better you feel
So have your beans with every meal

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

A little odd coming from Bob, who really has never had gas in her whole life as far as I know.

We, on the other hand, have always found bodily functions funny. It's a fart free-for-all around here.

Dominic says "Farp."

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:45:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

I like your term, "fluff." What will DD say when you talk about fluffy hair, though?

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Fluffing reminds me off something else. Something in the porn world.

I p[ooted last night while I was putting a sleeping Belle into bed and she cried and said she did not like me. I asked why and she said my toot smelled. Ahhhh good times/Cosmo.

It has taken so long for DH and I to finally stink out the kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home