Various
1. Overheard on the street while we waited at red light yesterday:
"That's it! You and me are officially broke up!"
- odd gestures from man some distance down the street, accompanied by odd facial expression. Neither gestures nor expression were obscene.
"I'm gonna fuck that kid!"
- gestures, expression
"I'm gonna get laid by him tonight! Because you don't care about me!"
Green light! Yay!
Freaks. I love this city.
2. My daughter loves reality TV. Tonight we were watching "Crash Test Mommy", a wonderful program. The premise is that a mother who "is doing everything wrong" gets to go away for 2 days while her biggest critic gets to "show her how it's done".
The husband tonight didn't do such a great job. Heh heh. It's wrong to laugh, but he had to call his mother to figure out how to make dinner and then didn't know where any of the stuff was that she told him to get. Olive oil, for example.
I liked the one with the single sister who still lived in her parent's basement. Though she actually did better than the husband from tonight's show.
Tomorrow night, DD and I will watch Treasure Hunters. Tuesday is Fear Factor. Wednesday and Thursday are America's Got Talent. And Friday, OLN is running repeats of the first season of TAR.
3. It's been hot, but not so hot that a few fans won't do the trick. It's been cool in the evenings, so that's nice.
4. Tomatoes! I have fresh ripe tomatoes! Only the Roma kind, so far, but they are ready to become sauce. The eating tomatoes should be ready starting tomorrow. Toasted tomatoes sammiches...
5. We didn't have anything planned for this weekend, which is odd, because it's a long weekend and I usually plan those.
6. There was a clunk in the front end of the car. We thought it might be the struts. DH was worried because we had the car in for exactly this a couple months ago and it cost hundreds of dollars. He took it to a couple places - the For d dealership said "bring it back Wednesday" (and not too politely), Canadian Tire (who had fixed it before) said "we'll diagnose it for $60" and the local guy said "Here, gimme the keys and I'll drive it around. Yep, that's a clunk. Here, let me put it up on the hoist. Oh, the part you had replaced just came loose. I'll tighten it for you. No, you don't owe me anything, but just don't go to Canadian Tire for repairs again." So we won't.


12 Comments:
Why is it a long weekend?
*stomps feet*
I want a long weekend!
Wow. I must roll down the windows at the next red light I'm stopped at LOL.
Wow! That was so cool of the local garage to help you out like that. There are still some decent peeps out there.
May I please have some tomatoes? I love tomatoes. Roma, hothouse, beefsteak. It makes no difference to me. I gobble thm up. *holds out hand* Please?
Local guys are much better than the big chains.
I checked my local listings on-line for TAR on OLN. WAH!!! Not in my town!
I'm with Zombs in asking why you have a long weekend.
Zombs and Puffy: The first Monday in August is a civic holiday here. I seem to recall once being told that it's Simcoe Day, after some guy who was important in some way in history. There are a lake and a town already named after him. OK, I know who he was, but like any of you care.
Also, I'm not sure it's his day. We mostly just call it "The August Long Weekend", which is accurate, if not terribly sentimental.
Schnookie: Indeed. We've been to the local shop before. They know that people around here work shifts at the giant factories, so can't always get the car in between 9 and 6 or whatever. I wish I had baked them cookies or something...
Carey: Yes! You may have tomatoes! I will shortly have too many. When I trundled into the kitchen this morning, I discovered that DD had already been up and in the garden, picking the ripest tomato. It was still a bit on the orange side, but not by much. Yummy sammiches. Salad tonight...or! I'll marinate some tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion in seasoned rice vinegar and a bit of oil, then spread it over toasted Greek (pocketless) pitas. Oh, *drool*
How very cool of the local guy!
I'll take some tomatoes too, please!
I have thought about you lately because Conner has been on a strange eating kick. And I thought I remembered you saying that your daughter didn't eat well for a long time.
He used to love tomatoes. Loved them. Then during a spring month he ate one that wasn't so good and quit eating them. Along with most every other vegatable. I have tried and tried to no avail to get him to eat tomatoes. Then my SIL brought over some tiny, tiny, tiny ones that she grew in her yard. They are no bigger than a marble. And he thought they were cute little baby tomatoes and gobbled them up. Last night he was back to eating regular grape tomatoes.
Sorry about your car woes. Before I met Michael I used to get reamed at car repair places.
I though August holiday was just called Civic Holiday?
And lol on Lord Simcoe! I know lots about Lord Simcoe. I once names a dog after him.
When we drive through town (Stillwater has a Main Street strip that is about 6 blocks long) we always roll our windows down to enjoy the sounds and smells of the 'city', lol! But Stillwater is full of Yuppies and Dinks so there's not a lot of fuck talk going on.
My sister hates Canadian Tire for auto repair too. But she still shops there and loves her Canadian Tire money.
*makes gestures & expressions at Seana*
I brought back fresh cucumbers - we could have tomato and cucumber sammys.
*grabs matoes and runs*
Post a Comment
<< Home