Friday, August 18, 2006

Sea Monkeys

Anyone ever had them? I've read all the instructions and been to the website. I feel as if I've read everything there is to read on the subject and now I want information from experienced Sea Monkey owners.

DD was given Sea Monkeys as her "Not Getting Left Out" present. It's custom in our family to give a little something to the child who gets nothing on a sibling's birthday. We just added the Sea Monkey mix packet yesterday. We still can't see anything moving of its own accord. We don't have to add food until Monday. The website assures me that the Monkeys are there, just really really small.

Tell me about Sea Monkeys!

ETA: We found them! They really are small, and they don't move much, except when you stir the water. No, we're not just tormenting them for sport, you're *supposed* to stir the water now and again to "aerate" it. Otherwise, the poor wee beasties will suffocate.

34 Comments:

At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

I would think that after watching all the chaos that Gus has brought to Monsty's life, that you would have known better to get a monkey. :)

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

there should be a "than" in that sentence up there.
Damn hangovers.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

*snort*

Hope you feel better soon.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

LOL! I love SEa MOnkeys! The website is histerical!

Did you know you can wear your sea monkeys in a necklace? Maybe she can train them too.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:44:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

We had sea monkeys once...you can go weeks without feeding them.

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sea monkeys? I have *no clue* what these are. I'm sure I've heard of them, but never have looked into them. What website? Just google Sea Monkey?

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Zombs: I didn't know there were Sea Monkey necklace things. But after hearing about necklaces to carry around your dead loved ones' ashes, nothing surprises me.

Thanks, momma. I still may have killed them. See my comment below.

MM: you've seriously never heard of them? They used to advertise them in the back of comic books. I always wondered what they were - apparently some species of shrimp.

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

At the moment, they look kind of like commas. Well, actually, time to fess up. I don't know what's become of them. There were at least two yesterday. I may have killed them. Or maybe the cats got to them. I *did* try to put them in an out-of-the-way place, but the fact remains that I can't see any.

 
At Sunday, August 20, 2006 6:03:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Update!

I found them again.

I might need glasses.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:46:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

So they are living creatures?? Interesting!! Comic books were before my time. When I was little, we had cartoons. :P

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 8:27:00 AM, Blogger arkie said...

MM, just to point out... comic books are still around. Maybe you meant they were after your time. *sticks tongue out*

*stirs water for sea monkeys*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*sits with Arkie & laughs at MM thinking there are no more comic books*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, cool! I've never had sea monkeys, nor talked about them with anyone that might have had them. So really, you are now my expert.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

Do you have to change the water, ever, and how do you find them if you do?

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Pfft! I know they're still around, but c'mon, you have to admit...when televisioon was invented, they lost some of their appeal, right? Think back to that exciting day, and I'm sure you'll agree. *sticks tongue out at Arkie and Nutz*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

MM, you may remember when television was invented, but I don't remember a time when TV wasn't always around.
*sticks tongue out at MM*
*wonders how old MM really is*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I'm not talking about Plasma TV's, everyone remembers that, silly. I'm referring to when you were a little girl, right before they invented the wheel. C'mon, tell us a story about the cave days, pleeease??

*sits anxiously*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

*whacks MM*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Ever see the South Park Sea Monkey episode? Love it!

Better watch the SeaMonkey juice...MM might just drink it. She has been talking about caloric content of things.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 3:31:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Uh... hello? MM? I have never lived without a TV in my house! How the eff old do you think we are? *whack*

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Soebody gave me a packet of sea monkeys when I was a kid. I put them in water, waited for them to miraculously appear (which they did), waited for them to get interesting (which they didn't) so early one morning I poured them into the grass.

Swami <---was a baby Draco.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I got it! Sea Monkey perfume!

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL @ MM & arkie & Nutz

We'll tell you about the cave days, MM. Come over here and let us show you our clubs.

*moves monkeys away from Swami* DD is the patient type, so that bodes well for the little critters.

Survey: The website says not to change the water, just top it up when it evaporates too much.

Woo! weltek thinks I'm an expert at something! *snort*

Momma: I'm glad to hear you say that, because the water is getting a bit icky looking and apparently you should stop feeding them for a while when that happens.

 
At Monday, August 21, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Ooh yay! I always wanted to be in a club!

*follows Seana*
*trusts Seana, implicitly*

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Will the sea monkey update be on Wednesdays, Fridays and Mondays? I need to put these dates in my calendar.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Wow, they still have sea monkeys?

I was always fascinated by the ads when I was young. We never did get any though.

It'll be interesting if they get big enough to see.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:02:00 PM, Blogger byoffer said...

I had sea monkeys about 4 years ago. They lived for quite a while. Then DW came along and they disappeared. Apparently the little plastic tank with purple castle that they lived in didn't fit her interior design plans for our bathroom.

I know they lived for quite a while, and through many generations. When they went to sea monkey heaven, there were quite a few ecto-skeletons in the tank.

*waves to Sea-monkey-anna*

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

They're shrimp? I always thought these things were just a hoax, like the hovercar they advertised in the back of Boys Life magazine.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Update! Because I know you're all dying for one. *waves to weltek*

Looks like we have 5 of them.

Schnookie: They are big enough now that if my husband actually looked, he would stop telling me that I'm fascinated by lint and see that there are little things swimming around in there.

They move like sperm. *snort*

So yes, HD they really do exist. But they don't look anything like the pictures. Maybe I can get a picture (*ahem* [DH] It's lint! You're taking a picture of a bunch of dirt floating in the water![/DH]) and post it. I don't remember ever seeing a hovercar ad, but then, I didn't get Boy's Life, just the Archie comics.

RIP byoffer's Sea Monkeys. DD wants a nicer place for hers to live. We were checking out Betta bowls in the pet store yesterday. *eyeroll*

I feel bad that I tried to club MM, since she trusts me so.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Seana<===milking SeaMonkeys

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:29:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

MTW <-- didn't get the club joke initially.
MTW <-- would have whined until he was invited to come see the clubs too.
MTW <-- has grown Sea Monkeys
MTW <-- used to get Boy's Life
MTW <-- was always WAY more fascinated with the X-ray glasses (can you really see under her clothes?)

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:30:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Umm, no, I don't have Sea Monkeys that have reached adulthood. I have helped with the cultivation of Sea Monkeys in the past.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

SEa Monkeys MTW, not seman.

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ha! I totally had sperm pictured in my head, so glad to hear I'm not totally off base!

Thank you for the update! Have you named the 5 yet?

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Bicurious threesome photos Chrysler crossfire aftermarket parts http://www.lesbian-cunt-licking-galleries.info/smurf-transexual-orgy-photos.html Free online didrex prescription

 

Post a Comment

<< Home