Nothing Much
I have very little to say. But it's been nearly a week since I updated, so here is at least something.
I've been reading like crazy. I finished the OT Book Club book Under the Banner of Heaven and then read Dissolution, which was recommended by HD. It's a murder mystery in a monestary in Tudor England. This reminded me that I want to read The Name of the Rose. Since I asked the library for it early, I also had the next OTBC book, Summer Sisters. I read the whole thing yesterday. I gave platelets in the morning, and ended up making it a good third of the way through it in my time there. I won't give anything away, but it made me cry.
We were at the library again yesterday. We walked because I am stupid. It was very hot and humid and sticky, so we stopped at a little park with a splash pad on the way home. I hesitated to go there because a friend of mine who lived on that street a couple years ago told me that park was filled with drug dealers at night. We ran into another mother from the school who told me they'd really cleaned the place up, and indeed it was quite clean-looking. There was even a wading pool, so there were 2 lifeguards. The kids liked it so much, I will have to take them back again soon.
My hair is falling out. It's been falling out for weeks now. I'm getting annoyed. I go through thtis periodically. Usually, this means I'll get a whole new crop of grey. Eh bien.
DH is doing that thing where he wants to trade the car in again. I don't know what his problem is. He gets feeling a bit off and all of a sudden, we're visiting car lots every day. I wish he'd find something else to change instead of that. I wish he'd figure out why he needs to change something big. "Oh, things aren't going as well as they could - let's trade in the car and the motorcycle and get 2 smaller cars because we don't need a station wagon anymore. Oh, I don't need a motorcycle - I'd rather have a pickup again. Remember how I loved the pickup?" Look, getting rid of them won't help. A change may be as good as a rest, but what he needs is to get a hobby or something. Even he knows that, but he'd rather sit around complaining that he has nothing to do. I could scream.
Oh, and the best that we can determine so far, my sister up and left her husband for no good reason. He's pretty pissed about it. He told DH last night that even if she wanted to come back, he's not sure he'd let her. He said he thought our other sister was the crazy one. Which made me laugh because that's what I thought too.


11 Comments:
One of my sister's husbands used to change cars all the time like that. It's an expensive hobby, lol.
So is BIL talking to your husband now? That's a good thing.
Is there another man in the picture? Jason's sister separated from her husband in April and last month we found out there's a guy in her life who's been there for about a year. Sheesh.
It's true, Swami. Before we were married and even in the first couple years after, it didn't matter. *sigh* Did I mention he also has a weird pen addiction? Always in search of the perfect pen...
Deb: Funny you should mention it. IRL, I have known many women who use the idea that they don't know what they want or that they need space or whatever to cover up the fact that they've been having an affair. My mother, for example, and my aunt. That really grinds my gears. Anyway, DH said that when he saw Sister the other day (she's staying at Mom's while she and the guy she left Dad for are away), there was a guy there. She didn't introduce them. DH and I smell guilt, especially since his visit was unannounced. DH had wanted to understand a bit more and that's why he went over. His family are all open like that; mine aren't and he was getting frustrated with me because I refused to intrude.
Frasier Crane moment: I think this with Sister, Dad's cancer and his stepfather's continuing health problems are the root cause of Dh's most recent obsession with getting a new car. I have distracted him by saying that maybe we should move closer to where he works. Now he can focus his energy (and our money) on stuff that needs to be fixed around the house.
Wow, all kinds of stuff going on. Sorry about the hair thing. I've never heard of that, before. As for DH getting new cars, it's funny because my dad *still* does that, every other year or so. It's weird. *shrug* There could be worse things I guess.
Is it possible that your sister just wasn't happy? Some people are good at hiding what's really going on in their mnarriages.
I guess I should put up a warning in case monstah drops by here. I wouldn't want to tramatise her by talking about hair falling out. :-)
I certainly concede that it's possible that my sister just wasn't happy. She has never been one to hide her unhappiness with her job or her relationship, so that would be a deviation from her normal behaviour if true.
Can I come with you to the park next time? I want to play in the splash pad.
My hair is too thick. If it started to fall out, I probably wouldn't notice. Most tell me thick hair is a good thing. I find it to be a pain in the arse.
I'm starting Summer Sisters tonight. Glad it's a page turner.
I think your DH & my DH are soul brothers. He does the same thing. Gets a hair up his ass that doing something like trading cars will fix his disposition. He gets absolutely fixated on these things for awhile & it drives me batty.
This whole divorce sounds weird. Are you sure your sister didn't find someone else?
Nutz: Please do join us at the splash pad. We just love those things!
Carey: I used to have a lot of hair...*wistful*
weltek: Heh. Too bad DH and Nolay didn't have time to chat at Niagara.
I am trying to keep an open mind about sister, but yes, that's exactly what I think has happened. She was "texting" with the guy that was at Mom's house with her while she was over for dinner last night. BIL identified a guy by the same name and his GF (or wife?) as mutual friends that he and sister hang out with.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
Enjoyed a lot! nexium high blood pressure Incorporating in nv Moisturizing eczema Moving and storage companies moving day article
Post a Comment
<< Home