Better Day
Thank-you all for your kind words yesterday. They were appreciated.
Today was better. DS behaved well and we all more or less got along. There were few fights and I didn't have to dole out any punishments. My threats of punishment were heeded and thus, no-one actually had to sit on the stairs, I didn't have to take anything away and no-one got the finger-waving-in-the-face that I hate myself for doing. Woo.
*****
On a completely other note, my mother is taking the kids and me out on her boat on Saturday. All of my complaining to her that boats make me ill have fallen on deaf ears. She does not believe me. "When you were on the boat before, you looked just fine." That's because a) we were docked and b)I find there's no point in whining about things. However, that doesn't mean that I want to set myself up for another day-long headache and queasy tummy. I once stood on the deck of a ferry in March for the whole trip because I couldn't be in the heated but enclosed space inside. I once missed a whole party on a boat because I can't be in an enclosed space on a boat. Therefore, I will be just fine sitting on the *boat word meaning place the steering wheel is*, since it is not enclosed. Sure. Mom wants me to go on the boat, so we're going on the boat. But I'm going to feel miserable. Blah.
She thinks I'm just trying to avoid her and she's partly right. I really don't want to spend the day with Mom and her DH. But also? BOATS MAKE ME SICK.


8 Comments:
Boats scare me. I'm terrified of drowning.
And? Odin had a shot today, and he wanted to watch her do it. He didn't even flinch, then looked at the nurse and said; "Can I have a sucker now?" I was stunned. (he's only 3!)
But really, it's not all about me...
*smooches* again.
You are being too nice by grinning & bearing it. Just barf. Barf frequently and copiously. The message will be received loud and clear.
I agree with Swami. Force yourself to get sick if it doesn't happen naturally.
Or, you could get the motion sickness patch. I used it on the cruise and loved it.
Yuck. Nothing worse than being stuck on a boat and throwing up. *smooches*
Hi, Heffalump! *snort*
Boy, would I ever love to barf on the boat. I have considered Gravol and Dramamine, but frankly, I want to be sick. I was particularly annoyed at the "you looked fine before" thing. I must be lying, you see. I managed to weasel out of the last trip and she's getting me back. Humpf.
*slaps patch on seana* Yeah, what Deb said. I like sitting in the middle of the lake on a boat. Riding around isn't as great for me. I like finding an area to jump out & play around. And pee.
:-)
*makes note to avoid warm water in Wisconsin*
Post a Comment
<< Home