Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stuff

I have been cleaning things that no-one but me will notice are clean.

Windows: Pulled them all out. Cleaned inside and out. You can actually see the outside clearly now.

Fridge: Turns out it's white on the inside. Who knew?

Shower: The shower curtain is grunge-free, as are the walls and the grout.

Cupboards: The doors are free of fingerprints. Soon, I'll take everything out and wipe down the shelves inside. Oiled the hinges so they don't squeak anymore.

Railings: Totally smooth now.

No, I won't come to your place. I'm not done mine yet. Inside cupboards, front hall table, master bedroom windows, organise linen closet, clean out laundry tub...and on and on and on...

*****

Our magnolia is home to a family of cardinals. We kept hearing what we thought was an ecstatically happy bird, but now we're sure it was just the babies cheeping. We saw the mommy and daddy bird on the roof just under DD's window feeding the two babies. Then they all flew back into the tree. Very cool. And educational!

ETA: I was on the roof cleaning DS and DD's windows on the outside. The bird poop is all gone now, but I burned my hand on the shingles. Ow.

11 Comments:

At Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:01:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

But when you're done with yours, you'll come to my place, right?

I'm muchly impressed. I think I'm just going to have to get a garbage bag and just start throwing stuff away, and not even think about what it is. Otherwise, I end up with all these piles of stuff that I don't know where to store them, or if I even need to keep them.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

I know exactly what you mean, arkie. I've discovered that sometimes a mood will just come over me, and I'll brutally get rid of stuff that I've been packrattishly holding on to for years. Somehow, the net clutter in the house never seems to go down, but at least some is gone.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Somebody has been vewy vewy busy. Good for you. *smooch*

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

It's nice to do that kind of stuff every year or so. If there's time.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Heh, my niece is trying to earn money for a saddle. I'm formulating a similar list for her to come & do at my house. It's worth the $20 it will likely cost me.

You are so motivated.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:25:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Wow, I am very impressed! I wish I had the motivation to get up and do all that kind of stuff. I have a hard enough time just getting the dishes and laundry done.

MM <--lazy

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:07:00 AM, Blogger Rose said...

holy crap! I have so much to do after being away all summer. The cobwebs alone are a mighty task...

*Smooches* 'cause I missed u!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

I ran out of energy yesterday. I just didn't get to anything else.

Today is the day I usually do a bunch of cleaning, so the extra stuff is on hold for now. Eh bien.

Welcom back, Rose! It's nice to see you.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I'm still working on closets. There just seems no ned to how much has been packed into them over the years. Good for you.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how well you can see out of clean windows?

I have been trying to plan a week off so that I can spend a good 2 days inside and a good day or 2 outside. That doesn't seem to be in the plans. So for now I get by cleaning things people will notice.

The TVs could use a dusting, as well as the fans.

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 3:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Mary windsor pilates ambien on prescription cod antibiotic name zithromax quo vadis stationery new york Digital dvd players patios awning Windsor hills in los angeles ca Shemale nl voice over ip Men back hair removal up to the minute michigan keno numbers adipex+ionamin+vs haberer investment advisor protecting your financial future. Asian kites Gmc ethanol Baccarat animal ibm laptop batteries Debit credit accounting basic Looking for wedding dresses in utah new hampshire cash advance online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home