Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You Belong to Me

Middle Sister emailed me a while ago and said we should "be there" for Dad and Youngest Sister as they go through their respecive difficulties. She suggested that I tell her where I chat online and she can go there too.

Um.

Um.

I told her it was a message board, which was different from a chat and that I'd get MSN messenger instead. Which I haven't done, because I think MSN is evil.

OK, so why did I really not want my sister to meet my online friends?

Was it:

a) Jealousy and/or greed? Mine! My friends! My place! You can't have it!

b) Guilt? I want to be able to bitch about her, because she drives me nuts. Seriously nuts and I can't say that out loud a lot because then I would feel as if I'm talking behind her back, which I would be. I feel it's not right to say behind someone's back what you wouldn't say to their face. By and large, I live like that. Though I don't feel this applies to reality TV and I don't mind dissing those people.

c) Spite?

It's probably mostly the greed. She always seemed to want to swipe my stuff or my friends when we were younger. I don't always want to share. And now that I don't have to, I won't!

Ha!

Mine, you are all mine!

12 Comments:

At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, and we don't want you to share us, either, Seana.

I *heart* you!

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:02:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

LOL. I wouldn't share you guys with my sister.

What about Yahoo messenger?

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:06:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You're so hot when you get all possessive. :-) I wouldn't share either. It's enough that Nolay comes to OT & my blog.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*Swoon* Your possessiveness is totally hot. *grin*

I'm funny about the blogs and OT. I have no problem giving out my blog address to family and 3D friends but I refuse to give out the info for the boards. If they stumble on it, fine. But that place is mine and I don't want to share.
Which is odd because I am more personal in the blog world.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

3D friends?

I would never tell my sister how to find my blog, or the SB boards when I was still posting there - for all the reasons you have mentioned.

Tom's SIL (my least favorite one, of course) also wanted to know where I went online and I mumbled some lie. This was back when I wrote a lot of summaries, and SIL was getting into that. She probably wound up at SB since that is summary central - and I was extra careful about revealing personal info over there after that.

I feel like you do. This world is mine! Lol...

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Swami,
I don't like to say "my real friends" or my "IRL friends" because I consider my friends here to be my IRL and real friends. So I label my friends that I see all the time as my 3D friends. I can't take credit for that phrase though. I stole it from someone else but I can't remember who. I used to say my "face to face friends" but that took too long to type out.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger mtw said...

Seana, we don't want your sister here either, BTW!

*wink*

I've given some peoplethe RTVW address so they could read my episode summaries,but I don't anymore. Too much personal stuff I don't want to be traced back to my 3D friends/family *steals from Carey*.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:06:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

You sound like the gulls in Finding Nemo.

And you're not the boss of me!

*smooch*

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL! You guys are cute. Thanks for letting me be selfish.

Oddly, I don't mind if DH sees the board or the blogs. Maybe it's because I know he won't try to take over or because anything I say about him here is nothing he's never heard before. :-)

I like "3D friends".

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I like 3D friends too, but it makes me feel fat.

I don't mind that Tom reads my blog either, altho I would probably be raunchier if he didn't. He knew about SB and OT too. In fact, all my stuff is in a "favorites" folder that I don't keep hidden - but he has so little time. All he reads is my blog. He read Nookie's too while I was visiting my sister.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

I don't want your sister here. How about AOL IM?
*smooch*

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:03:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Know what? We want you to ourselves too! I don't want to have to share my time going to her blog, if she were to make one! ... or have her butting in to our conversations. Hrmph! *rolls eyes*

I don't want my family here either. Even though Nutzboy has a RTVW ID. He only has it because he enjoys doing the games in the sports forum, like the fantasy football and stuff. He has a DAW count of 3! Hee!

It's not that I don't tell them stuff that is on the blogs though. Plus the sites are in my favorites, so I'm not hiding anything, but they have their own places on the web to hang out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home