Poor Me
It seems I've had the Sea Monkeys up for nearly a week. Time for an update. Though the Monkeys are cool, and much bigger now. Very active. Who needs a lava lamp? I have brine shrimp.
The "poor" in the title? That's literally poor, as in I have no money.
So what I thought would happen, did. We spent a pot of money getting the house prettied up. Then I started to hear a hum in the front end of the car. By yesterday, I was afraid to drive it, it was so loud. I could feel the vibrations in the gas pedal.
DH took it to local guy (actually, there are quite a few guys working there) and we ended up having to get new bearings on the front end. Apparently, when Canadian Tire did the brakes, the tie rod (I think) and one of the bearings for us several months ago, not only did they leave the tie rod (I think) so loose that it ended up knocking around, but they screwed up the bearing as well. Do not go to Canadian Tire for repairs, at least not to the one near me.
So we spent more money. But! It was the amount of money the guy said it was going to cost. And! It was done when he said it would be done.
Hooray for local guy!
Seana <-- big fan of local guy.


12 Comments:
Boo for no money.
Yay for local guy being honest.
Nookie <--- also a big fan of Seana's local guy :-)
I hate when that happens!
Next time, stick with local guy! Boo to CT!!!
I will name this baby after your local guy. What was his name?
'Central Repair Shop' is kind of a weird name for a kid.
It's a bad month for cars around blogland. Yikes.
Local guys rock. I always look for local guys. Some of my local guys are actually pretty far away, but they are "local guys" because they are not affiliated with a money-sucking, souless, national rip-off chain of any kind.
I have a love-hate relationship with vehicles. A necessary evil, I tell ya.
I thought you had an actual guy named Moe or something.
Luckily though my last name is Shop and we do have a Central in the family.
*hugs*
Seana, next time, do what I do. Turn your radio up REAL loud. Drowns out any weird noises, and then I don't worry. *grin*
Arkie <-- another big fan of Seana's local guy
Canadian Tire needs a wedgie, obviously.
Love me a local guy.
*gives CT a wedgie*
MTW <-- big fan of the local gal. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home