This Has Been a Great Week
A really great week.
DH finished the Ride for Sight (Motorcyclists collect donations and all ride together along a certain route. Several charities benefit.) This was his first Ride. It was also the first time he had done this:
Yep, that's my DH, riding an off-road trail. I am so proud of him. He held his own with more experienced riders. The best part is how relaxed and...I dunno...more positive he's been since he got home. He had the whole week off, both to recuperate from the ride and to celebrate his birthday, which was on the 30th. We had plenty of activities to keep us busy. Yes, that's "activities", as in taking the kids to the library *and* "activities", as in every. single. day. *giggle*Saturday the 1st was great. We invited another family over for a barbeque and fireworks. They brought some fireworks too, so we had a really long show. It was a lot of fun. They bought some that shoot up in the air. It was kinda windy. But! We lived on the edge, and shot them off anyway. We noticed that several of the neighbours came out and sat in their yards or on their porches to watch the show, so I didn't feel too bad about making all that noise. :-)
Today, we took one of DD's little friends to the miniature steam train thing at a local museum. There are maybe 25 hobbyists that get together once a month or so and give rides on their scale-model steam or diesel engines. We go all the time. It's so much fun, but you end up covered in soot. They're really hot too. I can only imagine what it must have been like to feed coal into a huge engine way back when. Yikes.


13 Comments:
Umm, sounds like you didn't need to invite anyone else over for fireworks! ;-)
I'm so glad DH is feeling good and you all enjoyed the weekend.
*smooch*
After all that motorcycle riding, I'm surprised that he wanted to do any other, um, "activities."
The miniature steam trains sound great!
Here's a song I play and sing for the kids I work with:
Chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo train,
Coming down the track.
Chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo train, smoke coming from the stack.
Blow that whistle, woo woo woo.
Ring that bell, ding a ling a ling.
Hear that track go clickety clack, it makes you want to sing...
Sounds like you had a great weekend. DH looks all cool and stuff on the bike.
*smooch*
Congrats to DH!!! ...and a belated Happy Birfday to him!
Nutz <--- needs to schedule some "activities". *grin*
*sets MiniMinder for next April*
*thinking of good, risque comment*
"That's not the only thing that was steaming!"
"That's not the only thing that's really hot"
"It sounds like you go all the time"
"sound like someone's been feeding plenty of coal into your engine"
Heh!
MTW: That's like on "Whose Line" when they play "Scenes From A Hat":
"Things you can say about your motorcycle, but not your husband."
*smooches everyone*
Thank-you to MM and MTW for your wink wink nudge nudge humour. It's a good thing we got all the fireworks in last week, because he's on nights, so probably no steam for us this week.
Well, there is the possiblity of high-risk-of-getting-caught-by-the-kids sex, but that's not much fun, because you have to stop every 2 minutes to listen for them. You'd think they could just sit and watch TV for half an hour. Geez.
***** Break here, so that raunchy sex comment and cute kiddie song comment aren't too close together.*****
Puffy: cute song! I don't know it. Maybe we can make it an action rhyme or something.
3 little monkeys swinging in a tree...
Carey: yes, yes he does look cool. And hot. I told him so and he blushed like a girl.
Nutz: I will pass on your birthday wishes. I'll also mention that you are not an axe murderer, because he's still not sure about you Internet weirdos.
Cyg: What is a MiniMinder?
*insert make appointment with wife joke here*
"Things you can say about your motorcycle, but not your husband."
...
...
...
If I knew more about motorcycles than how to sit on the back of one, I could play this game.
MiniMinder is a nice shareware program that you can use to remind you of important appointments, family get-togethers, birthdays, etc.
And now, only because Seana asked . . .
Things You Can Say About Seana's DH's Motorcycle, But Not Seana's DH
"Just jump on it a few times and it starts right up!"
"You don't want to touch the exhaust with your skin."
"It's loud so that you know it's coming."
and one swiped from Colin Mochrie:
"It's fun if you don't mind the bugs in your teeth."
Seriously, congrats to DH.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the fireworks.
*sings*
Skyrocket in flight - Afternoon delight
AAAAAAAfternoon delight
Activities are fun *big grin*
That's a great story. Waiting for more. Las vegas slot machines downloads Credit score bankruptcy www credit-restoration-kit world series baseball wins merchant account card processing
Post a Comment
<< Home