Friday, June 09, 2006

Oops

Apparently, I haven't updated since Monday. It's been a busy week again. DD had her recital on Wednesday. The show is actually 2 evenings long. Every class has a chance to perform and there are also a couple solo routines and routines by the instructors. I don't know how it was on Tuesday, but on Wednesday, the whole thing lasted 3 hours. There's probably a reason they do it like that, instead of spreading it out a little more to 3 days or whatever. Probably something about having to rent the auditorium and so on. But damn! 3 hours!

We left after DD's class, who were 3rd from the end. We had no choice but to watch the whole thing. And you never know when your kid is on beforehand. You don't know until you see the program.

I thought all the kids did really well. I especially liked the senior ballet class with their Arabian nights dance and the junior girls jazz class. I thought DD's class did very well, too. DD's partner wasn't in the show, so she's practiced all year with her only to do the routine with another girl, who isn't often in class. At the very end, they all brought their hands above their heads in a circle. DD did so very dramatically and I nearly cried.

So we didn't get out of there until 9:45 and didn't get home until 10:00. DD and hair products don't get along, so I had to give her a shower quickly. DS had found his second wind, after nearly crashing in the second half. I had to make everyone something to eat (yay, frozen waffles!).

I kept DD home from school Thursday morning. I told the school the truth when I called, but the woman sounded a bit put out that I would do that. Not that she said anything, but she just seemed not-supportive. I know that there are a lot of parents who keep their kids home for reasons like "I had a hangover" and "I don't feel like going back and forth to the school every damn day", but I am not one of these people. I guess it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

It's a beautiful day! Sunny, with a nice breeze and 20 degrees for a high. I think that might be 70 in American.

*smooch* to you all!

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 09, 2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

20 degrees? Yikes. Oh, 70 American. That's much better.
*smooch*

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think it's ok you kept DD home. I suppose it bugs teachers when kids miss class because they'll have to take special time to re-teach them something from that day, but frankly it's not the secretaries business what you do. *sticks tongue out at secretary*

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Surveysez said...

I was lucky enough this week that the whole of younger DD's band concert performance was before the intermission. So while they sold slices of pie, we headed out for ice cream.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 4:23:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I bet the recital was beautiful and you sound so proud. DD must be in 7th heaven.

In our schools here, the school district only gets paid by the government if it is an excused absence, which is illness. That's why we usually say the child is sick, instead of giving the real reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home