Strawberries!

It's June and time for strawberries! Fresh and ripe, right off the vine. Yummy! The kids and I went strawberry picking early this afternoon. It doesn't take very long to get 2 baskets and then we were off to the park. But which one? The one with the old tugboat and the splash pad is the one we decided on.
We hadn't really planned to go there, so I didn't have towels for them. They were soaking wet.
That park is really cool. The weather was perfect, too. It was *78* degrees. I checked the temperature in my Chicago-built car. Sunny, with nice cool breeze off the bay.
The kids are relaxing in front of the TV now, having changed into dry clothes.
DH is away on the Ride for Sight this weekend, so it's just me and the kids. Tonight we will stay up late watching movies and eating popcorn. Not sure what to do tomorrow. What a great day!



14 Comments:
Sounds like fun. Please make strawberry jam and send it to me. Thanks.
Strawberry picking sounds fun. I've done cherry picking and apple picking, but not strawberry picking. Do they come already coated with chocolate? *grin*
What an awesome park! My kids would love that, too! Sounds like you had a lovely day, Seana.
*smooches*
I love strawberries!!!
I was going to take Conner to the farm to pick some, but the one near our house is not operating this year, and I don't want to drive over an hour to the other one.
Thanks for the reminder. I have to get out there as our supply of home made stawberry ice cream topping is down to the final jar.
I've never gone picking for anything but I have stolen some corn on the cob (as a teen).
That park looks like a lot of fun Seana.
What is Ride for Sight?
mmm...fresh strawberries are yummy. I love them warm from the sun. Best flavor that way.
That does look like a great park!
HD: I was going to make strawberry jam, but then decided just to eat all the berries. Migawd, they're so good. The whole kitchen smells of them.
I like them best when they're still warm from the sun, like zombie says.
MM: This pic doesn't show the back part with the sprinklers and swings and monkey bars. It's right on the water, too. When you look out over the Bay, you can almost forget you're in one of the most heavily industrialised cities in Canada.
LOL Puffy...but seriously? They don't need the chocolate. It's like tomatoes - the ones from the grocery store always need a bit of salt and pepper. The ones from the garden are perfect as is.
Survey: we used to freeze strawberries. Then we could cook them with a bit of sugar to make sauce for ice cream or straberry shortcake. Or just eat them frozen.
Boo: our regular farm isn't selling strawberries this year. In fact, they're not re-opening until the apple-picking season. :-( This new place wasn't too bad, though and not very far away. We actually have tons of pick-your-own places around this area.
Schnookie: the Ride is a bunch of motorcyclists doing a specific route to raise money to combat blindness. (There are a number of charities which benefit.) This is DH's first year and he did the off-road trail, since he recently traded his cruiser for a road-legal dirtbike. He had never done a ride like that before and is very sore today. :-)
He told me some stories that belong in a bad porno, though. Holy yikes. I guess he won't be taking DD next year after all.
Mmmmmmmmmmm, I love strawberries.
*eats berries*
Things like that are always more fun when you don't plan them!
*takes some strawberries*
I'll take 6 strawberries, please.
Berries for everyone!
I've eaten nearly 2 baskets of strawberries since Saturday. I washed them and took the stem part off and just left them out on the freezer.
So. good.
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
What a great site http://www.trading-card-price-guide.info/Wholesale_speaker_cabinets.html amateur girls Tennis camps and summer and florida Evista seguran alfa romeo engine diagram Femme latino mercedes benz ml 350 zoloft official website Dlp projector mediashout Paxil cr withdrawl symptom Prozac adverse side effects
Post a Comment
<< Home