Thursday, June 22, 2006

Incomplete

I've realised recently that I very rarely finish video games. I play mostly role-playing games. That is, I am the character or team of characters who has to save the universe from whatever great evil is threatening it. I only have a regular Playstation and a SuperNintendo, so I'm not really advanced or anything.

So I've never completed Crono Trigger, despite having played it often, or Final Fantasy VII. I rarely bother to finish off the bad guy in The Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy II. I am playing Final Fantasy VIII right now and I was wondering how long until I get to the big bad guy at the end and if I will bother to fight it at all. I actually made an effort to get Lavos in Crono Trigger the other day and decided it was too hard and then erased the game and started a new one.

What is the matter with me? Isn't the whole point of these things to get the bad guy and save the universe? Am I lazy? ADD? Apathetic?

Maybe I'll try to finish Final Fantasy VIII. You probably get a cool little movie if you win. There are several little movies in it, and they're beautifully done. I like the one in the beginning when Rinoa dances with Squall. Grief, the characters always have stupid names.

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Surveysez said...

Maybe you just haven't found a fantasy world worth saving yet? I am so bad at games that the kids only ask me if I want to play for their own amusement.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

I vote "not a complete geek"!

:)

Just kidding. DH used to love all those games. He used to play Everquest all the time and I would make fun of him.

I like Diner Dash. I role play the waitress. Sometimes I pretned I am Ms. PacMan and out to seduce DH the blue ghost.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Spyro & Sonic fan here! I always play to win! I will not stop until I do! Gotta get 'em. Gotta get 'em. Gotta get 'em.

I have played and completed most of the Spyro games so many times now (except the newest one for GameCube), that I play a complete game in less than a day, just for amusement. I challenge myself to get better times and flawless execution each time.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I was never into the role playing games. I did play Mario when the boys were around. The one that's very addictive to me are the car racing ones. DH and I would race against each other. So much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home