Friday, June 23, 2006

Stoobid

I was bringing in the groceries just now and trying to do it quickly. First I took the bags and bins from the car to the front porch, then I held the door open with one foot, while transferring the bins to the front hall. It's easy to grab them and then slide them down a bit to make room for the others. I had just put one down and was swinging around to get the last one and banged my head against the door frame, right at the metal part where the screen door latches.

So now I have a 1/2-inch gash in my forehead. It bled quite a bit and DH had to put away the frozen stuff for me. I can feel the bruise forming despite putting ice on it.

Duh.

10 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 11:50:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh foo! *ouch*

*smooches* Seana's booboo.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Cooooool. Can we get pictures? Do you need stitches?
*smooches booboo*

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Did you buy eggs? Cause now you'll match *grin*

*smoochies* Seana's booboo. That must of hurt soooooooo bad!!

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

We're not supposed to point and laugh, right?


You have my sympathy. Although I didn't break the skin, I went to sort of sit down butt first into the car and whacked my head a good one on the car frame. Made me feel nauseated for a couple minutes. Hope yours doesn't turn too purpleeeee.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Debcapsfan said...

Aww...*smooch* If it makes you feel better, I hurt myself in creative ways all the time. ;)

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thank-you all for the smooches.

It's looking pretty icky, actually. I have been wearing a baseball cap witht he brim pulled low so. Even still, someone dropped by unexpectedly for a quick visit before we picked our kids up from school and immediately pointed and asked what I had done to myself. So I had to explain. She made a bunch of jokes about helmets. DH made jokes about getting me Kevlar gloves for when I'm using knives.

Pfft.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 5:45:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

I did something similar on my way to playing hockey a while back, cutting my forehead on the trunk latch of my car.

DW thought I'd hurt myself playing hockey of course, and I had to tell her, no, it happened while grocery shopping.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 5:47:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Oh, and *big smooches* from me. I would kiss it and make it feel better if I was there. I certainly would not have laughed at you. *grin*

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Lasann said...

Ouch! Funny that your plan sounds so easy and logical. That's the problem, us thinkers most be out of sync with nature. Let's move haphazardly through life and see how that works!!

I shivered when you talked about the good weather temp being 25. Then I remembered you use that wierd way of temperature relating!

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

DH should have used some of that frozen food to place on your forehead to reduce the swelling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home