Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary. In a wonderful tribute to our devotion to each other, we both forgot this until around noon on Saturday, June 10th.

We'll go out for dinner tonight. We'll take the kids. We figure our marriage is important to them, too. We got each other cell phones "for our anniversary" a month ago, so that's it for presents.

We're on the same page about so many things, like say, the relative importance of commemorating our wedding anniversary (meh), which is the best reality show (TAR!), whose needs come first (the kids'), whose mother is the worst MIL (mine) and what constitutes great sex (not telling).

I didn't really enjoy our wedding and I wouldn't do that again. Asked for advice, I tell people to elope and have a reception afterwards, or just a casual party.

I do really enjoy our marriage, which is comfortable and supportive, hot and heavy, occasionally stormy, but always committed.

Here's hoping for many more anniversaries to come.

18 Comments:

At Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! Happy Anniversary!!

I agree with pretty much everything you said. We eloped, and I would definately do that again. I absolutely cannot imagine having a big wedding.

I am in between Netflix shipments, so I am finally getting around to watching TAR Season 1, which I bought from Amazon last year. I'm really thinking that Rob & Brennan team might take it.

 
At Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL Boo!

I'd love to see the first season of TAR. I hear the challenges were actually challenging.

 
At Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Surveysez said...

Happy Anniversary. We did have a small private ceremony and then a bash at a local hall and it was wonderful.

Many more happy years to all of you.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Happy Anniversary!

We wanted to elope but everyone wanted to see us get hitched. So we did the big old traditional wedding. I had a great time. It went by so fast! But I would love to have a destination wedding!

I think it is cool you guys remembered at least! Last year Dh and I both fogot until 2 days later!

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Glowie said...

Happy Anniversary!

I loved getting married in Vegas. Nobody could complain about not being there since they could watch it live on the internet. *grin*

*smooch*

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Happy Anniversary, Seana!
*smooch*

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

If you can agree on the best reality tv show, then everything else is gravy.

Happy Anniversary Seana!!

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 4:24:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Happy Anniversary. The best part is showing your children what a good marriage is.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Happy anni love! I'm so happy for you both!

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

This is DH's night shift week, so I will only be here at night.

Our whole family watched Glow's wedding. It was quite exciting for us.

Thank-you for your kinds words. It was a really nice day. Shopping for a present for one of DD's friends, running around at the park to get all the sillies out and Swiss Chalet for dinner.

Just right.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:16:00 AM, Blogger mtw said...

Seana, what a nice post! And that's really all I have to say! *shocked*

*smooches* to you guys.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Happy Anniversary!!! How sweet you guys are. Awww!

If I had to do it again, I'd definitely elope! We had such family issues to deal with and the worst part was all those who complained about certain things seemed to lose sight of the true meaning... It's about us, dammit! It's our friggin' day. Who do you think you are to dictate what we are supposed to do?

LOL! Last year we both forgot about our Anniversary too. *snort*

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:12:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Happy Anniversary! Nice of you two include the kids since the day isn't all about romance for you two.

I will have to say I loved our traditional hometown wedding. Our friends still say it was the most fun they've had at a reception and I agree. I didn't stress and neither did anyone else! We did it fairly cheap, so I don't have the money spending regret. Although I still encourage some peeps to have a destination wedding so I can go on a trip!

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

Happy belated anniversary. *smooch*

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Happy Anniversary, Seana! And many more to come.

We can never forget our anniversary since it is on Valentine's Day! And if I had to do it all over again I would have a bigger wedding and spend more on my dress. I would also have a photographer! We didn't have one because we got married on the cheap. We had just put down a downpayment on a huge house so we were house-poor even before we got married.

We both love TAR too!

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

what constitutes great sex (not telling)

I think the photos over on MM's blog say it all...

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 5:06:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Awww! Happy anniversary, Seana! I hope you two had a blast!

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and DH! What a nice touch, bringing the kids along to dinner!

LC and I had a big wedding, and we'd do it that way again in a heartbeat. But, chacun ses gouts.

And TAR is pretty much the only reality show we watch. I fear that the next two Races will be the last; it seems the franchise is running out of steam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home