Camping!

Last Saturday, we went to a conservation area to check out the campsite I've reserved for the weekend after the Niagara Meet. It looks lovely. The only trouble is going to be that DH is working afternoon shift that week. So, I'll have to set the tent up myself. He will come with us to the park on his motorcycle and get his 24-hour permit. We aren't allowed to check into the site until 2 pm and he works at 3, so he'll have to leave right away. This is the only hitch that I can see. But I can manage it, I'm sure. I'll get the kids to help. *laughter* They're really excited about it. However, DD is suddenly worried that she might swallow a bug. There were bugs flying around the site. She asked me if she would end up swallowing a bug while we were camping.
So I told her she probably would swallow one and that it would be annoying and then it would be over. I mean, just about everyone swallows a bug once in their life, right? Big deal. Except this was no comfort to DD. I may have freaked her out more. I was trying to be honest! I mean, what if I had said "Oh no, don't worry, you won't" and then she did? I'd have lied to her. That's worse, right?
*sigh*
So I'm a bad mother, so sue me.
They can't wait to build a fire and roast marshmallows. They really want to play in the lake. It's a man-made lake with a screened-off area that has treated water, if you can believe it. The picture above shows the boardwalk through the marsh. There are 2 observation towers. I can't wait to walk the trails! Hee hee.


19 Comments:
So long as you didn't tell her that the bug she will inevitably swallow will lay eggs in her tummy that will hatch into millions of nasty larva and eventually she will wind up pooping bugs. That would make you a bad mother.
ROTFLMAO!
Wow, Seana. It's beautiful! I'm sure you'll do fine with the tent. *stifled laughter*
Also, if you're going to make smores, try using the the Swoops candy instead of Hershey's bars. They're thinner and melt better.
And you're not a bad mom! I would have told my DD that we would actually be eating the bugs on purpose, for food. *shrug*
See? I would've said you might swallow a bug, but what are the odds of it happening while we're camping here?
The place looks very purtyful! Setting up a tent is easy as pie. Mmmm... pie!
Beautiful area, no wonder you want to hit the trails.
I don't think the bug thing will scar her for life. You'll have to come up with better than that.
That looks beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful time!
If you want to make it up to your daughter, I think you need to eat a bug in front of her to show her it's no big deal. *grin*
Rent the movie "It's a Bug's Life" or "Ants." I was camping once and there were bees swarming around the soda (pop) cans. It was awful. We couldn't drink our soda (pop). The lake area looks heavenly.
LOL MM. She'd give me that "I know you're just making that up" look and then she'd be worried that I wasn't. Oh, and thanks for the s'mores advice. Any excuse to buy Swoops. I love those things.
Yes, Nutz, pie *is* yummy. I never thought of a might-be answer. I guess I didn't want to leave her hanging. This way, she can be sure something awful will happen.
Survey: You're right. I'd better figure out something else for her to tell her therapist years from now.
I will not be eating bugs, Jen. Although, I fully expect Fate to make me swallow a bug just to teach me a lesson.
Puffy: I love the move "A Bug's Life". I've seen it at least a dozen times. Thank-you for translating the word "soda" into something I can understand *grin*
I wanna go camping. *pout* Michelle doesn't camp. AT ALL.
Wow, Carey, I wouldn't have thought you'd like camping, what with all the spiders.
But you can come with us, if you like. We have a 2-room tent - lots of space!
I love to camp. Spiders don't exist in camp sites. That is what my daddy told me and he wouldn't lie to me.
That looks absolutely gorgeous Seana! I used to enjoy camping. I just don't like the toilet/shower facilities.
I will hang out with Michelle and Carey can go camping with Seana and set up the tent.
I used to camp. But these days my idea of "roughing it" is staying up for hours with a sick child. Or having to stay at a regular Holiday Inn.
I think I'm actually starting to dread the days when Conner will want to go camping.
*dances* Niagara is almost here!!!! Yay!
Can I come & sleep with you if Chris snores too much?
Nookie: I admit, that's the bit I look forward to the least. The kids have it easy - they just don't shower, but I'll be there standing on a garbage bag, wearing my flip-flops, having first gone over the stall with Lysol.
LOL Boo! My dad's GF says the same thing: her idea of roughing it is staying in a 2-star hotel. Pardon the suggestion, but if Conner decided he wanted to go camping, maybe he and Mr. Boo could just camp in the back yard.
Oh wait...would you need a Pleasantville permit of some kind? *grin*
Weltek: You are absolutely welcome to stay with us! Pardon the front porch. I've been trying to scrape off the old paint before we put on new.
I love going camping. I haven't been since syrenboy was born because I did not feel safe to go with just me and a child.
Slim however doesn't really like it. One of his friends promised to take us, and he said he will go, but we need to wait till the baby is born now.
I love camping. We haven't gone yet this year. We may not go this year, I guess.
Yes, it will scar her for life.
I love camping. We haven't gone yet this year. We may not go this year, I guess.
Yes, it will scar her for life.
oooh! double post!
Post a Comment
<< Home