Friday, July 14, 2006

See You Monday

Or late on Sunday. The long-awaited camping trip will begin tomorrow. I'm not even going to turn on the computer because I get so easily distracted and I really have to prepare 2 days worth of meals so I'm not trying to do it at a picnic table while swatting bugs :-)

*****

I was talking to my sister last night and mentioned DS's birthday. I haven't been sure what to do. DH thinks we should do bowling and Chinese food like usual, but I was thinking maybe take the kids and a couple friends and maybe some cousins to certain park with a really cool splash pad and maybe have some cake. I may do this anyway.

Sister: Let's take a cake to Dad's.

Me: Um, just invite ourselves with a week's notice?

Sister: Yeah, he won't mind.

Me: Um, really? Should we call or something?

Sister: OK, you call on your cell.

Me: *calling Dad on cell* I got the machine. I think he screened me because I have a weird area code on my cell.

Sister called on her cell, while still on the phone with me and Dad answered. We're going to his place with cake on Saturday next week.

We contemplated not invited Middle Sister until Wednesday, so that she would probably have plans and not be able to come. It was Youngest Sister's job to message her today. I guess we'll see.

That whole call was weird.

14 Comments:

At Friday, July 14, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Have a great camping trip, Seana.
Hope everything at dad's house goes as planned. *smooch*

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*waits by phone for invite*

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I hope it doesn't rain on your camping trip!

What's to prepare? At some point I just gave up preparing wholesome, healthy campfood. Buy meat, fruit and bags of salty and/or sweet stuff, serve on paper plates. Voila! They have some pretty decent stuff in bags these days.

Don't forget the DEET!

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

I lie. I'm here checking the weather site because there's a chance of thunderstorms around here tomorrow.

Blah. Well, pfft to the weather. We'll just bring some extra dry clothes and umbrellas. It's only a 40% chance, so that's a 60% chance that there won't be any, right?

Thanks, MM!

Carey: didn't I invite you before? If you're feeling better after that vicious spider attack, please do join us.

Swami: I have a box of frozen burgers, some chicken that is marinating for Sat night and some fruit. I also have a bunch of snacks in bags. I couldn't find that popcorn in the tinfoil containers though. They only have plastic-bottom ones. You can't heat them over anything like an element or a campfire. I assume they want you to put it in the microwave, but the handle is made of metal. So no popcorn for us.

Alright. Off to pack extra rain stuff.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Have fun Seana!!!

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger byoffer said...

Ooh... camping... sounds like fun. Where are you camping? Lake Erie area?

*unhooks Seana's tent posts*

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Thanks, Schnookie!

Hi, byoffer! I didn't welcome you to my blog before, but Welcome!

And, um...that unhooking test posts thing...is that code?

We are going here:

http://www.conservationhamilton.ca/InfoTrail/Outdoor_Recreation/valensphotos.asp

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Hey! I just remembered that we still have those plastic hooded things they give you on the Journey Behind the Falls.

I'll pack those too.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Enjoy your trip! Don't eat any mugs, K? *grin*

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*snort* That should be BUGS, not mugs! Don't eat any bugs! Well, don't eat any mugs either, K? *grin*

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I will only give you my intended hugs if you share cake.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Cake for everyone!

Chocolate icing = super-yummy and I'll make a big rose for everyone.

 
At Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:23:00 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

*stows away in the trunk* I'll watch the kids for you while you and Mr. Seana want to snuggle.

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Infomercial face lift in bottle Changing fuel filter on 1997 nissan hardbody zoloft side effects Africa public sex Does allergic reaction cause high fevers Real estate in tallahassee florida Aol dsl firewall debt consolidation drug effexor xr Search engine marketing 3ft 3depilot How to undelete file on server spyware removal acne product Ford expedition floor mats investments Comcast digital cable tv ass fucking Hairy naked women photo gallery dental insurance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home