More Meet
Mystic volunteered to tell us about the animals we were seeing at the zoo. Mr. Mystic was busy snapping pictures. He's also quite knowledgeable about animals, which I hadn't realised.
Mystic chats with a pretty birdie:
At one point, she was chatting with a grey parrot thing - I'm not an expert. I don't remember what it was, OK? - and rubbing its beak with her knuckle and it bit her. She rapped it sharply on the beak and said "No!" and it let go. Cool object lesson for the kids! Mystic really does have a way with animals. The parrot-type birds (cockatoos, macaws, etc) all came over to her with a bit of coaxing and made nice.
I had forgotten to bring the stroller, so DS was pretty weary by the time we made it to the far end with the bears. Since we had paid a bit extra for a tram pass, we decided we would head back to the front on the tram, have some of the munchies I'd packed and then go to the waterpark. Lights invited us to their hotel to play at the pool, but I had promised the kids the waterpark, so we did stay for that. Lights is just great, so friendly and warm. And her DH, too. They're so comfortable to be around. Then we went to Wendy's because they're all really, insanely picky and I didn't want to watch them turn up their noses at everything at the restaurant.
We did go to the restaurant to say our goodbyes. I have a group shot, but it's not too flattering to MaroonClown, so I won't post it if she sends me $100 by Wednesday.
BabyByoffer with Daddy:
Can you see the T-shirt? It says "I am the real cute Canadian. *pic of someone with a big red line through him* And no capes!" (Or something like that, but that's the idea. I'm sure byoffer or MCatt will tell you later. :-D)
We didn't get to meet SilverGirl, and only got to say Hi to cq and Babycq (what a cutie!). I also don't seem to have a picture of Meemo, which stinks! I got to chat with him on Friday night. Several pictures didn't turn out, because I am stupid and didn't realise you had to hold down the button for the flash to go off. However! I did get a couple great shots of the inside of my purse.
I shouldn't be allowed to mix with civilised society. Really.
I suppose most folks have left by now, heading back home. I can't believe it's over! So much fun, but there are bags under my eyes today, I tell you. I had to go out to get something today anyway and got the film developped at the 1-hour place. DH laughed at me. Anyway, he is no longer half-certain that you're all a pack of axe-murderers. :-)
Thanks to everyone who was there. I loved meeting you all and hope that some day we'll have the opportunity to meet again.


5 Comments:
*drags butt over to the computer to find out if Seana follows orders*
YAY!!! I told her, as she was leaving Cafe Tu Tu Tango by way of the elevator to please the kiddos, that I was expecting a full report to read when I finally made it home tonight. She never disappoints!
LOL about the luggage under the eyes. I had that conversation with Weltek last night. I had a whole set of luggage happening under my eyes.
Thanks Seana, you're a sweetheart too and very easy...to talk to. *grin*
There's a thunderstorm going on outside so I'm going to post this and then maybe type some more as long as the power doesn't go out.
I'm beat. We just got in the door and I'll be heading to bed shortly. Excellent recap! As we drove home today I kept reliving moments from the weekend and smiling, or even laughing out loud. I didn't snort though. Not like the pink one did last night.
The pictures look great. I still think you should have posted the inside the purse pic. *giggle*
I'll try to get my report posted in the next day or two complete with a couple special pictures. When I got back to our room last night I was wiped out but still a little bit wound so I sat and reviewed my pics and relived all the laughs.
What a weekend. It will probably take me a week to recover but it was TOTALLY worth it! What a beautiful and fun bunch of people.
Seana and her family were wonderful. Very cute family you've got there! Even the shy, silent one (DS). I do think I managed to get about three words out of him. *grin*
Okay, I'm gonna stop bloghogging and go to bed.
*smooches and hugs for the Seana family*
Awwww, I feel warm and fuzzy all over.
more awesome pics! BabyByoffer is such a cutie, just like his dad!
The parrot was an African Grey. They're one of the most intelligent, and the easiest to teach to talk (and have the best vocabularies). They're also, because of their intelligence, one of the more crafty. They'll get away with stuff if you let 'em. DH was bitten by the Grey we have at the zoo two days before the meet. I forgot that (which was a good object lesson for me, too - lol).
DH also is a volunteer in education at the zoo - because I am, but we've always been a good match in our interests. :-)
And, he's still wondering what his new nickname is. *taps foot*
I'll post something on my blog, too. Just as soon as I finish figuring out what to do about our tree that ripped apart the local parks building while we were gone. They're not very happy to hear from our insurance company today that we're not liable for their damage.
And, thanks for the pics! Our digital pics didn't work out thanks to the camera, and except for a few in the petting area of the zoo Mr. Mystic forgot that he was supposed to take pics of peeps - not animals. (Sheesh.)
Post a Comment
<< Home