Saturday, July 08, 2006

Niagara Peep Meet, Part 1

I didn't know what to wear. I settled on a spaghetti-strap tank top and lace-up coal grey pants. I put on earrings and a necklace. DH looked me up and down.

"What? Do I look like a tart? I don't want to look like a tart, I just don't want to look like a housewife."

He laughed at me and said I looked fine.

I left at 7:00. First, I checked the Ministry of Transportation traffic cameras and saw a hideous disaster waiting for me. I found out later, there had been a nasty collision. Traffic was backed up maybe 20 miles. (Um, 100kph for 20 minutes, 100 = about 60 mph, 20 minutes...OK, yeah.) What the cameras couldn't tell me is that the backup was in the Toronto-bound lanes. Woo! I mean, um, that's too bad for the people in the collision, obviously, but it meant that the only driving difficulty was finding the stupid casino. I guess it's that big building with those huge letters on it...C...A...S...I...N...O. Yeah, that'd be it.

I was almost the last person to arrive. I thought I was doing pretty well for time, actually. It was only about 10 after 8 and we were supposed to meet at 8:00. But when I walked out of the Galleria thingie and onto the sidewalk, I saw a group of people who were surely the ones I was looking for.

Clearly, the tall redheaded man was Jimbo. I recognised weltek and Nolay, but MaroonClown, byoffer and Meemo had to introduce themselves. MCatt and mystic were over by a fountain having a smoke. MCatt looks just like her pictures. (I'm not making the leg up in the air reference and you can't make me.) Mr. MaroonClown, Mr. mystic, Mrs byoffer and Babybyoffer were there too. We headed across the street to a nice outdoor restaurant. BabyBy is a total cutie. There was a live music act (excellent, but very loud - made conversation difficult) at the little restaurant and he danced right along to the songs. Friendly and happy.

Northernlights and DusterBoy joined us later at the restaurant. I had an $8 daquiri. Good grief.

We had a nice time at the restaurant, but like I said - loud music. I tried to wander around the table and chat where possible. I yelled with weltek and Nolay and lights and MClown and was about to yell with MCatt, but then the food came, so I let her eat in peace. :-)

After that, byoffer and Meemo went on a beer run while the rest of us went to MCatt's room to watch the Friday night fireworks. Of course, the hitch was that you couldn't see the fireworks from the room, though there was a spectacular view of the Falls. So we opened the window a bit and listened to the fireworks and watched the flashes of light that you could see, kinda. *snort*

Fun Moments:

"Nice pink phone."

Why gay penguins can be likened to teaching Grade 2.

Surprise non-attendee!

*****

I was lucky enough to be able to chat for a time with everyone, but it wasn't enough! What a great group of people. We all shook hands at the beginning, but hugged goodbye.

Tomorrow...well, I guess today, actually...good grief, it's 2 am...we are going to meet for breakfast (well, not us, we'll eat here). Silvergirl and Mr. SG and the LePews should be joining us.

Alright, fine. DH says I should get to bed if I want to be able to get up in the morning to be in NF by 10 am.

So I'll post again tomorrow. Good night!

11 Comments:

At Saturday, July 08, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Yay! How great! Tell everyone I said hi!

Did you go to Rumours or somthing?

Where did you eat? On Clifton Hill? You are a delicious tart!

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 3:14:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

It sounds like a great meet so far! I can't wait to see a few pics!

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

But on second thought . . . ;-)

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting so soon about Friday night! I will live vicariously through you.

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Oh . . . was the last person to arrive Philiminated, or is this a non-elimination Peep meet?

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Oh wow, Seana, that sounds like so much fun! I would be gellus, but I'd feel guilty after the great peep meet I had a couple weeks ago.

Personally, I can't imagine merely shaking your hand if we met. I didn't even hesitate to give Carey, Jen, Glow and MCatt hugs. Even Michelle got a hug!

Who was the surprise non-attendee?

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I lie. I am soooo tired right now...

We had a great day and I'll write about it soon. But not right now. I'm really proud of myself for getting up off the couch and taking my shower.

The kids are dead to the world. DH said he was on his way up soon, but I think he might be dozing on the couch.

Zombie: not Rumours *grin*. I'd never been to the Fallsview part of NF before, if you can believe it. I love Clifton Hill. We were briefly there tonight, to check out the House of Frankenstein and the Wax Museum, though not to actually go in.

Swami: I thought of you as we drove through the Gateway to Niagara :-)

Puffy: And! I plan to get my film developped tomorrow at a 1-hour place.

Cygnus: I didn't get to meet SilverGirl. :-( We didn't stay for dinner because the kids were whipped after the long day. I'm not sure how Pippy was still so chipper. DS was getting cranky.

MTW: Mon Cherie did not come. :-( But no-one had really known that she was considering coming. She did call, however, though no-one passed the phone to me. *pout* Or, you could say that I wasn't assertive about asking for the phone. That would be the most fair, really. I think I'm starting to actually type babble.

Stop talking, Seana. Turn off the computer and go. to. bed.

OK.

Good night.

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it so sounds like you are having fun at the peep meet! Thanks for staying up late to share the dirt with all of us who aren't there!

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Swami said...

'Check Seana's blog' was at the top of my Do List this morning! Thanks for the brief update, Seana.

I wish the meet could have been a few weeks earlier!

Today, you hug everyone--right?

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

I can't wait to hear the rest and to see pictures. *smooch*

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Good to hear an update on yet more peep meets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home