Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stream of Consciousness

Tuesdays are a busy day for me. We have returned to the library for story time. DS likes story time. He likes the songs and the stories, but doesn't like when the bear puppet talks to him. He also doesn't like to sing the welcome song using his name. I'm vaguely annoyed that we missed the winter session, especially since I asked and they told me there wasn't another until spring.

Which reminds me that there is no TAR tonight. That also annoys me. I liked it on Tuesdays at 9:00.

Right, so Tuesday. Tuesday is also my big cleaning day. The garbage goes out tonight, so I do all the garbage-generating chores today: cat litter, guinea pig cages, sweeping (like I don't do that the other 6 days of the week) and cleaning out the fridge of leftovers that no-one ate. We vacuumed too.

Which reminds me. The sucky tube thing (though not the regular floor-vacuuming part) on my upright vacuum is broken. It sucks nothing. You put the end of the hose up to the dirt and the dirt stays right where it is. Poke the dirt with your finger and try the sucky hose again...nothing. This makes the stairs difficult, though not impossible. A few days ago I had to take the hose off because I'd sucked up a baby facecloth. Maybe there's something else stuck. Better be, because I just wasted my whole tax refund on car repairs and can't afford a new vacuum. Frak.

Which reminds me. I love Battlestar Galactica. I seem to remember that at least a couple of you don't like it at all and please feel free to mock my taste in TV shows. I am actually the only person I know who watches it. My cousin tapes it for me. I'm dying to see what happens to the character being played by the actress who was Ro Laren on Star Trek.

Did you know that I have been to a Star Trek convention? I'm a nerd. A Star Trek nerd.

Oh look at the time. Better go start dinner.

17 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Please don't post any Battlestar Galactica spoilers. I don't have cable, so I'm waiting for the DVDs.

I loved Ro Laren on TNG. They thought about making her a regular cast member. I wish they did. I'll admit that I had a crush on her. (Maybe MM needs a Bajoran earring and Starfleet unifrom to go with her peanut butter.)

Can I go to the convention with you next time?

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:05:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

No Galactica Spoilers - check. We don't get that channel either, which is why my cousin tapes it for me.

I actually like not getting so many TV channels anymore. I don't watch much TV anyway. When I have a spare minute to flop down on the couch, I usually play a video game. Right now: Mystic Quest. It's lame, but I don't mind.

Yay! Someone to go to a convention with me! Do you have an insignia pin? Sadly, I do.

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:35:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

*walks in wearing a Bajoran earring and Starfleet uniform (made of peanut butter*

Hey Seana! Just wanted to say hi!

*grin*

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Actually, I should add that I've come to hate vacuum cleaners lately. They are so temperamental and cheap! *kicks vacuum for Seana*

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:54:00 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Ooo - I LOVE Battlestar Galactica and I know everything that happens! Getting the SciFi channel was a non-negotiable point when we signed up for DISH.

Strangely, I was never a huge fan of the Bajorans. I just liked the earrings.

I have never been to Con of any kind. I have wanted to do Star Trek and StarGate.

I used to vac my stairs with one of those Dirt Devil hand things. Then one time I used Tom's shop vac because it was there, and WOW! Shop vacs rule for stairs!

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:46:00 PM, Blogger ukrocks said...

Yeah the TAR change makes me mad. I don't get off till 10:30 tomorrow. So this really sucks.

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Vacuum update: DH fixed my vacuum for me. It sucks better than ever now. I was appreciative.

The boards are down for me. I keep getting an Internal Server Error. Wah.

Nice outfit, MM. Let me pin this insignia on you. *poke*

Hi Swami! Yes, if DH would clean out his shop vac, it would be great for stairs. It has a lot of power, but it's filthy right now. *resists discussing second season of BG, since it will be a long, long time until the DVD set comes out*

UKR! Nice to see you!

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Woo! RTVW is back!

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Glad you updated on RTVW! Thanks!

Maybe you should take your vaccuum to a repairman. Sounds officially broken.

Can I go to storytime? LOL at DS not liking the bear puppets talking to him.

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I loved Ro and want an earling like hers.

Glad you got your vacuum going again.

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh yeah, did you wear a costume when you went to the ST convention?

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

I missed our library's winter program too. They sent the flyer out 2 days before sign ups.

Jack hates the dragon puppet from Baby Einstein. I like to put it on just to torment him. I am sick that way.

BG? I wish I watched the new one from the beginning. I was a big fan of the original. I know...lame.

The only conventions I have been to are Beatles and Direct Marketing.

Gee sound like your vaccuum sucks!

Are we supposed to vaccuum every week?

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Kim: please do come to storytime? I wouldn't invite MM or Carey, because we always sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and I wouldn't want them to freak out.

Schnookie: I didn't have any ST stuff back then. Maybe the mini-insignia. I bought a necklace with a Vulcan symbol on it while I was there and wore that.

Zombie: you don't have to vacuum every week, but I find that there are fewer things stuck to the bottoms of my feet when I do. :D

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Happy Hump Day!

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:29:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yeah, that would be totally embarassing. And they might wear their yellow velour jogging skirts. That would be really bad.

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:42:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I want to hear about the star trek convention.

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:07:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*giggle* you're so cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home