Blah
I have failed to register DD for swimming before the class was filled. The class is filled at the other pool too. Dammit!
Now I have to look into the Y, which is (oddly) not as expensive, but farther away. This makes things difficult on days when I don't have the car. DH says he will always take the car on swimming days and to sign her up regardless. I feel badly, since I missed the last registration too.
I had to take the car back to the garage yesterday because it was making noises it didn't make before we took it in last week. On top of that, it continued to make the noises they told us would be corrected if we spent money to have them fiddle with the linkage. Turns out it was the ball joint and bearings. The ball joint broke on my first car - a Pontiac Parisienne. Luckily it did so while I was in the parking lot of a mall, otherwise that could have been a big disaster.
Anyway, here's hoping the car is as good as can be and will last us a few more years.
UPDATE: I have registered her at the YWCA instead of the public pools. I had to buy her a membership for an extra $15. And I had to put it on the credit card because there were only 2 spots left and I can't make it over there today. Saturday morning at 9:30 am. Yick.


7 Comments:
Sorry about the car troubles. I'm just waiitng for mine to have a problem too. *knocks on wood*
At least you got her signed up now, right? Do you do this every year?
*smooch*
Good that you got her signed up. Swimming lessons are so important. At least they were in my family. *smooch*
It's no fair, I bet you are letting her use goggles, aren't you? Back in the olden days, they didn't let us wear goggles. *hands on hips*
MM: The programs usually run 4 times a year: winter, spring, summer, fall. She did the summer and fall sessions last year, but then I missed the deadline for the winter session and now for the spring one as well. If I'm going to have to pay for a yearly membership for her anyway, I guess we'll start signing up for classes at the Y from now on.
I agree, Carey. They were important in my family too.
LOL weltek. She did have goggles, but they kept falling off, so no more. She also wanted earplugs and noseplugs in the beginning. As she got more accustomed to putting her head underwater, she got rid of them. Also, all that stuff is just a big PITA.
I'm proud of her for how far along she's come. She was so afraid of going under water. Now she does it in the bathtub, just because she can.
Let's nickname her "Nemo."
I loved my swimming lessons at the Y when I was a kid.
Post a Comment
<< Home