Probably Not Here
I will probably not be here today. My husband has been on the night shift this week, meaning that he sleeps during the day. The computer is in our bedroom. I sneak in at various times over the course of the day. I also send DS up here to watch TV quietly while I go get DD from school at lunchtime. DS hasn't wanted to go for the walk to the school lately and DH has said it was OK so often that I didn't even ask this week. DH was not in bed before 11:00m am on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Today, I took DS with me on a couple trips to a variety of stores, since the car will be in to replace the windshield tomorrow and we won't be as mobile.
Anyway, the point is that DH hasn't slept much this week. It is my position that this is his own fault for insisting on sitting up bolt upright and demanding explanations for every little noise. Honestly, if you can train yourself to get right out of bed for any sound, you can train yourself to stop doing it. It's annoying.
Yes, alright, maybe he has a point and we should have been quieter for him. But I didn't tell him to spend hours watching TV before going to sleep. You know, he can sleep all afternoon on the weekends, but not during the week. Whatever.
You may be thinking that he was upset with me and that I am feeling guilty. You're probably right.
So I will not come up here to play today. I will do laundry and maybe try to interest DS in a science experiment or something.
Oh! Speaking of DS, I think I may have figured out his problem - allergies! He had allergies last summer. It's not quite spring yet, but he sneezed a lot today. I gave him some of his Claritin and he seemed better. We'll try giving him some in the morning and before bed and see if things improve.
Apropos of nothing, I won nothing on my coffee cup today.


11 Comments:
*tip toes in*
Good morning! Does DH has one of those sleep masks? Maybe you should get a white noise maker?
You just reminded me to finish some laundry.
*grumnble*
MEN! :) Good luck keeping DS quiet so DH can sleep today. We'll miss you.
Ack, being polite sucks. Especially when they don't always deserve it. We'll miss you. Take care & have a fun day with your son!
I'll miss you mostest!!!
I'm so glad you figured out it could be DS's allergies!
*whacks Seana's forehead*
*whacks DH for watching TV*
Actually, I'll miss you way more than Nutzy will. I agree with Zombs, you should get a white noise maker and a sleep mask. Nobody should have to stay off the computer, that is just wrong.
{{hugs}}
Thank-you ladies. It was no fun at all. On top of that, the liberry called to tell me that I have a book in, but the automated thing doesn't tell me which one. But it doesn't even matter because our branch (to which the book was delivered for my convenience) is closed on Fridays. Why do they always tell me I have books in on Fridays. I think it's to tease me.
So I couldn't even check which book I'm missing out on!
Well, now I know it's Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett.
And DS is doing well on the Claritin. Turns out that it's 24-hours stuff, so he only takes it once a day. Woo.
HEY MR. SEANA'S DH.....WAKE UP!!!!!!!
You know, if you hold a pillow over his face for long enough he'll fall asleep.
LOL at Bob.
Michael will do something silly like try to take a nap on the sofa and then get irritated if it's too noisy.
Um, hello, there's a perfectly good bed upstairs and you can shut the door.
I'm glad I read about the Claritin. I forgot that I had some. It's certainly cheaper than Zyrtec, which is about to run out. Our appointment isn't until the week after next, so I had forgotten that I was going to try the Claritin.
Conner's little nose has been running a little the past couple of days on and off, with sneezing. I think it's his allergies also.
*smooch* and sympathy. I haven't been able to be around my puter lately either.
And I miss all of you.
*points @ Seana*
HEY!
...are you here yet? I think I saw you floating around! *grin*
Post a Comment
<< Home