Not Lazy
It's not that I'm lazy, you see. I haven't updated recently because I've been playing around on the TAR forums. What fun! I did reasonably well in Jims' casino game this week. I'm not a really big gambler, but I hope to finish in the middle of the pack. I just don't have whatever it takes to bet everything on one team.
I am pleased to see the Be the Amazing Racer game becoming popular (again?). Maybe someone can tell me how it's been in the past. When I joined during TAR6 , I thought it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen.
When TAR7 rolled around, I waited and waited for someone to put up a signup thread and when no-one did, I did it myself. We had some pretty good turnout, I thought, with over half the characters spoken for. Some newbies joined us - for example, cahaya, Libra Rising and Cwazy Wabbit - which was great. The best for me was getting to talk to the cool kids like Nutz and seahorse.
But this time, every single character is taken. In addition, we have:
The Pit Stop Mat
The Traveling Cluebox
"Viper", BJ and Tyler's cameraman
"Steve", Dave and Lori's sound guy
I'm thrilled to tiny little bits. We even have a couple complete newbies whose first post was in that thread. That kicks ass.
Does anyone know who thought of this? I assume it was a Survivor thing to begin with, but I don't watch that or follow those boards, so I don't know.


11 Comments:
*pout* I think our blogs are WAY more important than TAR! Actually, I still haven't watched it yet, but hopefully soon. Glad to see you're having fun with it!
I think it's great that you are so enthusiastic about TAR and the games this year. I've never played any of the "be the" games. I don't know why but I always thought that it would require too much thinking and concentrating for me. Heh.
This season looks to be getting started right! I think that all those TAR purists are back and coming out of the woodwork because the show seems like it's back to the core program we lvoe! No friggin' gimmicks!
I will be spending lots of time over there, you betcha! The lvoe list had a great response! ...and many of them on the first day too!
I LOVE TAR!!!
I think I may try to get a Hawkeye Ten going too. Nobody has put that up yet. Maybe I'll post a signup thread today or tomorrow. *grin*
MM: Nothing is more important than TAR! *grin*
I've never played the "be the" games because I wouldn't want to commit to something like that and then not have the time for it. It does look like fun though. I enjoy reading it.
I have never played any of the games over there. I always feel like I won't understand them, and then it wouldn't be very much fun.
LOL MM. Sorry, I'm with Nutz here. And it looks like a good season too. 2-person format with fewer dating models. :-)
Nutz: I saw the response in the Love List. Good stuff! I thought about the Hawkeyes and the Not So... I could maybe do a Hawkeye 5, but I always have a hard time thinking up 10.
I do plan to keep an eye on the Roadblocks this time, since we're back to the Kim rule.
Hi, Carey! Yes, I am enthusiastic. I don't know what my problem is. :-)
I have the summary for Episode 2, which makes me a bit nervous, since I've only done summaries for the less-watched Average Joe.
Lights: don't feel pressured to join! Well, we're all big enough DAWs that you don't need me to tell you to jump in if you want. *grin*
syren: This is my first year on the casino game. It's not too hard, really, since Jims does all the math. Good thing. Hee.
I missed the casino game this year. It was so much pressure to try and remember to get there every time before the show. It is a great game. I won the first one!
I am like Carey. I don't think I would have the energy to finish it. I did Pepe's Fantasy Hockey League on Yahoo this year and have trouble keeping up with that. Maybe that is why I am in last place!
Glad you are having fun. I sometimes like to read the "be the" threads. Funny people.
I think it might have been Angelfood who started it? Not sure.
I kind of miss participating in the big show forums. I just don't have the time to keep up with all my internet fun anymore!
Glad you did well in the casino game this week!
I'm still trying to decide which season's old couple annoys me most. I'll give these new ones a few more weeks before I officially decide.
I don't have time either, and I don't have a lot of blog time. *sighs*
I just don't have time for anything these days.
I love TAR. But *I* wish there was more young couple on TAR. I would really enjoy a bunch of college kids on the show. I really enjoyed the Linzies last season.
Post a Comment
<< Home