Thursday, February 23, 2006

Busy Few Days

It's nice to be back. The computer wasn't even on all day yesterday. Can you believe it?

Today is Crazy Hair Day at DD's school. We've done her up with beads and some fancy scrunchies.

Tuesday is always my cleaning day. This Tuesday past, though, that inspector came to figure out what the house was worth in 1997. I'm not sure how that's possible. He says that kind of thing happens all the time. He just lets the lawyers deal with it.

DS complained Tuesday night and yesterday afternoon about his ear hurting. He was also pretty cranky and nearly fell asleep in the middle of the day. I took him (literally kicking and screaming) to the clinic last night. He has an ear infection. I really like that there are so many more clinics these days. I just can't get to the doctor during office hours. First off, my doctor is in another city. Secondly, DH has the car to get to work and I'm not taking the bus with a sick kid. Before, I'd be working and wouldn't necessarily know until I got home that there was a problem.

But my goodness, did DS ever protest about the doctor's trip. I had to promise him that we'd get a Ring Pop at the pharmacy. Unfortunately, they've redecorated since we were last there and no longer sell that kind of candy. Oh, man. We got the nice old English doctor. He was a member of the golf club where I worked in high school. He has never once made me feel like an idiot, unlike some other clinic doctors. I used to get ear infections as a child and I don't want my kids suffering. So we go to clinics in the evening. Usually the one in my doctor's building, because then all the records are in the same building. Well, that's my logic, anyway. But I've been to a couple others.

Once a doctor tried to tell me that I'd jumped the gun and that DD hadn't really been in pain long enough. Really? Listen, she wakes up with an earache at 9 pm, it's not going to get any better. She'll just be up crying all night. This way, I can get some amoxicillin and have her back to bed by midnight and she'll sleep late tomorrow and be back to school the next day (half-day morning Kindergarten at the time). Well, she did have an infection and he gave me a prescription and told me to maybe hold off giving it to her. So the bacterial infection is just going to go away by itself, is it? Sometimes they do, he says. "Sometimes" isn't good enough for me. As an adult, I have suffered for days, hoping it would go away and it never did and I ended up on the stupid amoxicillin anyway.

Right.

So DS is much perkier today. And he has garbage-shaped candy in a garbage can. We had to make another trip to get the candy. The doctor even gave us a free sample of some alternative-to-amoxicillin that doesn't make DS turn his head and run away after the first taste. Woo! Maybe I'd be willing to shell out for that the next time. I wonder what it costs.

[poop alert]

In other news, DS has pooped on the potty, by himself, twice now. We are proud. The only trouble is that he forgets to tuck himself in and then I have to clean pee off the floor. Who knew this would require so much coordination?

[/poop alert]

The kids are off school tomorrow. I may be busy again. Wah. OK, off to catch up on the blogs and OT!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Congrats on the pooping! I hope it gets better coordinated with the peeing soon.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad he's feeling better!

Speaking of pooping and candy... I saw in the store last night this toy that you put little brown pieces of candy into the cow and then he poops it out. WTF? Why would anyone want to eat that? *boggle*

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thanks HD! Any tips?

Hi Jen! You know, at Christmas a couple years ago, DD and I found a reindeer-dispenser that pooped brown candy. I refused to buy it for her. She thought it was hilarious. Sometimes she still asks me if we can look for the pooping reindeer. Go figure.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's the matter with candy poopers? They make the kids laugh (and yes, I did get those reindeer ones for the Christmas socks.

Regarding the poop report? I'm so glad from the description that I only had to deal with internal plumbing issues during potty training.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Glad DS is better, ear infections are painful.

Lol at the poop alert :D

*smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home