The Weather
Thunder?
It's 9:37 and I keep hearing a deep rumbling sound outside. It sounds suspiciously like thunder. I've never heard of a thunderstorm in February. Weird.
Editted to add: We did have a thunderstorm. With lightning. In the middle of February. Wow.
Ice?
It's supposed to drop down below 0 degrees tomorrow and all today's rain is supposed to freeze. All the slush is gone already, so it's just water. If we don't get more slushy rainy stuff, it will just be cold. Honestly, I think we've all panicked for nothing. The schools were closed today. I expect them to be closed tomorrow, too. They didn't need to do that today. The only thing I can think of is that maybe in the outlying areas of our new amalgamated city, the conditions were a lot worse. They always close the whole district.
If the school is closed, I'm not sure what to do with my children. DD wants to learn how to cook. I've told her she can help me make cookies, but she's not really interested in the details. I think she wants to cut things with knives and stir hot pots. The forbidden stuff.
Anyway, I was thinking of trying a scavenger or treasure hunt, just to keep them busy. But then I would have to come up with something right now, instead of going to bed early, like I've planned.
Non-Weather Related Product Endorsement
I bought some Buckley's Jack and Jill medicine strips for DD's cough. She takes them! She actually enjoys taking them! No fussing and whining! They're like the Listerine strips, only with cough medicine: you put them on your tongue and they dissolve. The downside is that you pay one dollar more and you get 2 fewer doses. But she'll actually take them, and they seem to work, so yay!


13 Comments:
We are supposed to be getting freezing rain and sleet all weekend. Joy.
Congrats on finding meds that DD will take. How old are your kids again?
Ew sleet. Good luck!
DD is 7 and DS is 3. DS will not take the strip things. He likes his medicine in those syringe things.
OK, that really is thunder. Wow.
I think it's sprinkling here. *grin*
They also make those strips for sleeping aids now. Same as the Listerine strips only they put you to sleep. We found them once and I haven't been able to find them since.
We get that a lot. The blizzard we had last week had a lot of thundar and lightning. All 2 feeet of snow is gone. It has been in the 60's all week and now we are gonna get the big freeze tonight. Very windy and warm now.
You are such a good mom making up scavenger hunts! I don't know what to do with my kids anymore.
When I let them paint and it is time to clean up they scream bloody murder. They could paint all day. However I don't feel like watching them paint all day.
Are you bragging about your weather, Carey? Humpf.
zombie: Have you ever tried those Paint with Water books? The paint is already on the page and they just dip the brush in water and smear it all over the page. They can't actually get the wrong colour too far away from its origin, so they all tend to look pretty good. The kids were doing that yesterday.
We didn't get the bad weather here after all. It's dry and sunny right now, but incredibly windy. The schools are open, but DD and DS were up with coughs last night, so I kept them home. I was going to send her after lunch, but she didn't feel like it, which is VERY unusual for her, so we're all at home.
The kids found the old Mr. Mouth game that my mother gave me a few years back. It still works. They are enjoying it.
Great, I'm now humming "Knock on Wood"
It's like thunder *boom*
Lighting....
Yes SEana! I have used those and they are great. I think we burned through 6 books in a week though.
I let them paint today and just let them go longer...they actually got tired of it so I lucked out!
We had thunder in the area in last week's snowstorm. It's weird. Perhaps it's because the weather was fairly warm, then turned cold. Now, it's warm again (60 F), but tomorrow it will be cold (30 F)!
Stupid weather.
From 60 to 30 in one day here. This weather is freaky.
Cut things with knives and stir hot pots! Well said, that!
We are getting your darn artic weather down here and I am not pleased.
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
Post a Comment
<< Home