Monday, February 20, 2006

Can't Get Over It

OK, I had a weird dream on Saturday night. I dreamt that I had driven to a parking lot that was essentially a marina. There were wooden pathways and a bunch of cars in the slips. I parked my car and went over to the booth where the attendant (played by DD's Kindergarten teacher - WTF?) looked over at my car and helped me understand that without the floating tires to attach to my car, it had sunk. Oh.







Rarely do I dream something so obviously stupid and believe it's real. I have a pretty good grasp of things being a dream when I'm dreaming. The thought of it being a dream would usually be enough for the dream to shift to something else. However, this time, I spent the rest of the dream wishing that I was dreaming, trying to figure out if insurance would cover it and wondering how I was going to explain to DH how I'd sunk the car because I was too stupid to buy floaties for it.

I was so relieved when I woke up. And it's sticking with me...this feeling that I've done something really dumb.

DH thinks I'm nuts.

13 Comments:

At Monday, February 20, 2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I hate dreams. Mine are almost never good and I can almost never shake them once I have woken up.

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call those dream hangovers when they happen, and they do continue on long after you awake. Years ago, after attending a funeral for a friend, I had one of those dreams. In it, DH died. When I awoke the next morning my eyes were still wet and I couldn't even bring myself to talk to him, I was so mad at him for leaving us. The poor guy didn't know what was going on, but the emotions were SO strong.

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 1:31:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

But you aren't Nutz! You're Seana.

Okay, sorry. That is a truly bizarre dream. Is there something you feel you've done lately is dumb? Have you forgotten to do something? Watch a weird kids movie?

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 1:40:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I've been having life-like dreams my entire life and when I sometimes confuse them with RL, my family never lets me hear the end of it. (I've actually inquired about things I thought I saw on the News, only to find out it was all a dream)

I know how weird it all feels. To be honest though, I love it. I enjoy waking up and thinking about them, and wondering what things might have triggered those dreams. The bad ones can be horrible though.

*smooch*

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I dream weird things the night I start my period, so I blame it on hormones.

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 2:19:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

You didn't buy floaties for your car????

Sheesh!

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Carey: I know you have awful dreams. *hugs*

Survey: Welcome! "Dream hangover" is a good term.

Momma: lol and no, I don't think I've done something too stupid lately. I did spill a bit of coffee on a book I borrowed from my cousin. I'm going to have to face the music on Tuesday.

MM: I like trying to figure out where stuff in dreams comes from too. I kinda get the Kindergarten teacher because he has a way of making people feel dumb. (Not the kids, but the parents. I understand that this area isn't known for its devoted and attentive parents, but for those of us that are, I'd like to be cut some slack. Anyway, he kinda likes me because I pay attention to school issues.) But the marina?

Sonya: Hmmm...I just started today...

Bob: Now this is more the response I was expecting from everyone. *snort*

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:03:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

I had a dream hangover yesterday. Perfect description Survey! I had dreamed that my son, husband and brother were working in Toronto together and I was staying at my parent's old house. In the middle of the night my son came in saying that something went wrong on the job and he didn't know where his Dad and uncle were. I was in a panic and woke up in a really down mood that stuck with me all day.

I think you're secretly wanting summer to arrive so you can go boating.

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Floaties for the car ... LOL!

I hate dream hangovers. The worst ones are when I dream that DH doesn't love me. I can go a whole week being depressed about that. I recently found out that DH has those types of dreams. I'm happy to hear that they depress him also.

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:41:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You need a drink.

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Blogger volsfan said...

I think I need a drink to understand just exactly how you need a drink to get over this hangover you have.

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*walks in with tray of drinks*

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:27:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

LOL @ Blueblaze! I'm not even going to ask you about that one! Hey Seana, I miss you!

*smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home