Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Psychic

OK, no I don't really believe in that kind of thing, but this is a bit odd.

For some reason, something recently made me think about the people we bought our house from. In particular, I was remembering that they were moving into and buying her father's house. He would then continue to live with them. We signed the last of the paperwork at that house, actually. It's very nice. It even has the grapevines on a large arbor, which makes a living roof over the patio in the summer. My dream home will have something similar.

Anyway, she was telling me at the time about how she thought the negotiations had gone well and that she thought we were well protected under our agreement. I, forgetting that she had bought from her own father, asked if she was similarly protected in her new purchase. She looked at me and reminded me that she was buying from family, after all. It seemed a very silly thing indeed to imply that her father would screw her over and that she needed a proper contract.

Well.

The other day, I get a call from her. Her father has screwed her over, since they didn't have a contract, and sold the house a couple years ago. I'd gotten the impression that he was transferring the title to them and they would pay him and he would live rent-free kind of thing. It seems that they were doing it backwards: they gave him the money and he would give them the house eventually. (I don't have all the details.)

They are suing him for an amount that is based on the value of this house. He is claiming that this house isn't worth anything and that several of the improvements to the house don't exist. So now, they apparently have to send an actual person to physically view the actual house to see that this stuff (the sunporch, the whirlpool tub, the finished basement) is really, truly there. Weird.

And I was just thinking about this. That's odd. I wonder what the trigger was that reminded me of buying this house and that conversation with her...

In other news, I am sick. *sneeze* *sniffle*

14 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:20:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

*hands Seana a tissue*

This kind of stuff freaks me out. It happens occasionally to me, but not a lot, and I dismiss it quickly.

*shudder*

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

That's weird. That kind of stuff happens to me occasionally, but I don't think I'm psychic. I just chalk it up as coincidence.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Oh so you must know!! Right?

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

*runs through with Purell and Airborne*

Feel better soon. *airsmooch*

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Breezy said...

achhhhhhhooooooooooo

Colds suck.

*smooch* feel better soon

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

I knew you were sick Seana I just knew it!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

'Tis odd. Do you talk to her regularly or did she just call out of the blue?

Feel better!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

It was right out of the blue. I haven't talked to her since some government documents for her were delivered to this house a few years back. Before DS was born, certainly.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Reason 47 to have contracts even with family.

Scratch that, especially with family.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

However, if you had thought of her and she didn't call, it wouldn't have even entered your mind. It would not have been an issue of being psychic or non-psychic.

Feel better...here's a stuffed animal for you to cuddle with.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:03:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I wonder if her father is dealing with some early stage dementia or something. It can cause some weird family rifts at first, before all the signs start adding up.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

It's true, Bob. Now, I'm not typing the words "I wouldn't have thought it", because I watched my usually reserved and dignified family on my father's side swoop down like vultures when Nana died. The will said "Split everything 3 ways", but not how. My grandparents lived with us (we had an addition built on for their apartment) and they had let me use some things. My aunts took them. I've never understood why they needed them. They couldn't have been sentimentally attached to an old TV set. Anyway...

Puffy: That's exactly the kind of thing I say to myself when these things happen. Even still...

weltek: From what I understand, it's the new wife that's the problem. Yeah, exactly like you're thinking - a golddigger.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Lasann said...

I am amazed that family acts this way. So far (both parents are gone) we haven't sunk to this!

Some of my more in-tune friends say that we all have abilities but don't tune into them. My sisters has ghosts - I don't want to tune into ghosts!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Welcome, Lasann! My sister believes in ghosts and such too.

We once talked about psychic stuff on OT. It's my belief that your senses take in everything and the brain filters out what you need right at the moment. But everything you saw and heard and smelled, etc still went in your brain. I think your brain then tries to make patterns and connections with all this information and what results seems a lot like a magical intuition or clairvoyance. Just IMO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home