Curmudgeonly Neighbour
I am the nasty lady on the street who yells at kids who hit her window with their orange plastic ball while they are playing street hockey.
I am the nasty lady who yells at kids who dent her car with a rugby ball while they are trying to see how high they can kick it.
I am the nasty lady who has words with the parents of kids who dent her car with a rugby ball, although not yet with the parents of kids whose orange plastic ball hits her window.
They all hate me, too. I wish a car would just hit them all and their parents would insist that they play in the back yard.
Best possible scenario: the moron next door who pees on my house from his attic window when I affront him hits the hockey/football kids and goes to jail for ages and ages and the parents are so freaked out that they never let the kids play hockey/rugby on the street again. Though honestly, you'd think the shooting would be enough to keep the kids inside. I guess they don't realise that the shooters were in a car that comes to visit my peeing neighbour periodically. Thus, the threat of a repeat is still there.
I hate it here. We're getting a tax refund that will go to fixing the place up so we can sell it. Houses on this street don't sell quickly. This worries me somewhat, but between this and the whole school-closure thing, I'm so ready to leave. I wish we'd left a couple years ago when we were scouting houses in another city. We should have taken that townhouse. Nice area. Now that we know we're capable of living on one income (which we didn't then), we should be able to work everything out.


10 Comments:
Ick. I'm so sorry Seana. I really hope you guys can sell quickly and get out of there!
{{hugs}}
Ugh, how sad. I was once that mean lady, too. We rented a unit in a 4 plex of townhouses. The neighbors on the end had two monster kids and let them run around unattended. They threw stuff at our door and even would venture up onto our deck to eff around with stuff. They'd also leave their bikes in the middle of the driveway and play with damaging objects RIGHT next to our car.
I did feel a little bad for the kids because there was nowhere in the yard that was a "good" place to rough-house. However, the parents could've taken them to the park more often and also could've taught them something about respect for other's space/property.
I was so glad to get out of there. It was a nice townhouse, but I couldn't stand the neighbors. And FTR, I only ran over little toys when they were left in the driveway, never their bikes. :-)
I count my blessings that I've never had serious neighbor problems. We've been lucky enough to live in single family homes most of our married life. The advantage of living up here in the north. *grin*
I can relate to the concern about being able to sell your house quickly. The market for homes in my area is an extreme buyer's market. They're for sale everywhere! We may end up staying here.
Good luck Seana. I hope things work out for you quickly.
So, are you saying that the neighbor kids are the poster children for abortion?!
*snicker*
Good luck, sweetie. Just try to remember, at some point, your kids will be that age and want to play street hockey and rugby and the backyard just isn't big enough and the grass gets in the way and you can't play properly.
*smooch*
My dad has neighbor kids like the ones you mention. The solution, the last time they dented his New Buick Rendevous, he called the police, filed a report, and took the parents to court. The parents now have to pay for the damages, and the kids no longer are a problem.
Things will get better.
But could you tell me how your neigbor pees on your house, and why? Are you that close that he can pee onto your house?
I'm with Syren - your neighbor pees on your house. Is this an adult or a kid. Don't they have indoor plumbing. WTF
I'm trying to sell my house also. There have been 3 foreclosures in the neighborhood.
Crossing finger for both of us!
syren and lasann: He is 23, dropped out of school 7 years ago, unemployed all that time except 2 months at the beginning. Spent 2 summers smoking pot to the exclusion of all else. Once referred to mother as "you fucking slut". Currently involved with variety of drug-related activities.
Houses in this part of the world were built quite close together. My mother grew up nearby. She and her friend next door used to pass things to each other through their bedroom windows.
HD: I am for retroactively aborting them, yes.
Momma: You're right and I understand about there not being enough space to play in the backyard and I have no problem with street hockey. However, they need to stop trying to impress each other with how hard they can hit the "puck". That's the problem - no control. Or supervision.
lights: That's right. You're selling, aren't you? I'd forgotten. We'd love to move to your area. I caught DH looking at housing in Alberta. Apparently housing prices in Lethbridge are great! You know where housing prices are ridiculously high? The Northwest Territories. Yeah. You have to get these poles into the ground - you can't dig a basesment because of the permafrost. They all look like trailers, too, unless you go up to $400K. So much for that idea. :-)
www.mls.ca can be a lot of fun!
Thanks, MM. I'm not really a bitter, angry person. You know, I often say that if the whole world pisses you off, then maybe the whole world isn't the problem. No, no. It's all them.
weltek: I wanted to run over their bikes the one time. Used to be they'd leave the hockey net out in front of our driveway. I so wanted to steal it.
OMH! Even my creepiest of neighbors can't beat your icky neighbor that pees from his attic. Does he really do that? ICKY!!!!
I would totally be like you. Actually, I already am LOL.
Good luck with fixing up the place and reselling. That's what we are currently doing.
What a great site Zithromax erythromycin Doors glass lab refrigerators http://www.subaru-impreza-wrx-type-r.info Laser tattoo removal shepherdstown Cadillac seville accessories
Post a Comment
<< Home