Monday, February 13, 2006

Excitment

Editted to add these cookies for weltek and Jen (Hi!) and anyone else who would like cookies.



1. We rode the bus to DD's ballet studio tonight. It's a bit cold for DH to ride the motorcycle right now, and we only have one car. So there I was, with my two small young children, bumping around on the city bus. We took what's called the Beeline, so there are fewer stops. The downside is that you have to walk for 15 minutes to get to a bus stop. Mind you, if we didn't take that one, we'd have to take 2 busses. I don't like the idea of us all transferring, so it's the Beeline for us.

The kids love the bus. First and foremost: you can stand up. You can actually get up *off* the chair and hold onto the pole. Mommy will even let you, if you use two hands! Way cool. Also, you're up higher than in a car. And the windows are huge. It also seems like you're going a lot faster than in the car, what with all the bumping around and such.

(For an extra bonus, we were not shot at while walking to or from the bus stop, although I kept a sharp eye out.)

2. The Valentine's Party is tomorrow! Yay! Mommy can you make chocolate chip cookies in the shape of hearts for tomorrow? Pleeeeease? DD is going to wear all pink! (She wears an incredible amount of pink now, BTW.)

You know, I didn't want to bake for this particular event. I always send something. This time, I decided not to and here she is begging me to make cookies. I'm sure there will be tons of stuff. The mommies in her class always send something. The goodie table for Christmas was completely full. Maybe I'll send some juice. No-one ever remembers to send something to drink.

3. The TAR summary sign-up thread is up in Spoilers! I stay away from the TAR forums until the show starts, except to check for this thread. I think I'll start the Be the Amazing Racer game again this year. Cygnus says he has his hands full and that it's all mine if I want it (and, I guess, if no-one else decides to start it themself).

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:43:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

How fun for the kids to ride the bus! I really wish you didn't have to walk the 15 minutes though, after what happened.

I'd encourage you to send some drinks with DD. They never seem to have enough drinks in the class.

*smooches* to a great mommy!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Cute about the bus rides!

Just wait until she decides she hates pink! Nutzgirl wore pink for several years, then switched to purple, now she hardly wears either color!

You will make a wonderful BTAR hostess!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Happy V-day!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I bet they'd love the train even more.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rode the bus a lot as a kid. We either walked everywhere or rode the bus. I remember sometimes we would ride the bus for 5 or 6 blocks just to ride it.

I haven't ridden the bus in years. I've often thought of going in to the City just to do it again. I've also thought of the stories I could write just observing people on the bus (and in the laudrymat).

I did not go overboard this year for V Day. Last week they had a party, and we brought eggs because they made their own cupcakes.

This year I only bought the valentine cards, no extras. The last two years, Conner has received so many Valentines with candy, etc. He is way too young for all of that, which means Michael and I end up with a ton of unneeded candy. So this year I was a "scrooge" in that department.

Of course when I dropped him off today I saw a bunch of parents bringing in a ton of sweet stuff. Uuugggghhhhh!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I remember being so excited when my mom would take me on the subway in Montreal. Buses were also fun. Not so fun having to walk for 15 minutes in the winter to get to the bus.

Juice sounds like a really good thing to send to the school.

Yay TAR!!! I'm so looking forward to it.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Hey!! We have the Beeline too. I love public transit. It allows me to drink in public. *grin*

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Valentines *smooches* to all!

Hi, MM! I did decide to go the juice route. I even remembered to send cups.

Happy Valentine's Sonya!

Nutz: I sure hope so. *Everything* is pink or sometimes purple, except for a couple pairs of pants. Oddly, for all her interest in pink and lace, etc., she's not a really girly girl.

Schnookie and Carey: I used to know the busses in this area quite well, since I refused to be obligated to my parents for anything, including transportation. Now, I'm lucky I can figure out when to request a stop.

Bob: Not too far from here is a place where amateur steam engineers get together and work on their working scale-model steam engines. Every month or so in the good weather, they have events where the public can come and ride the little miniature trains. Some are diesel engines, but most burn coal. Those tiny furnaces get really hot. You get a lot of soot on you, but it's fun and educational, if you want to ask them questions. They're happy to answer. It's a good day. We usually bring some money for the donation box, since free train rides is a good deal. The kids really enjoy it, except when they blow the whistles - that's loud.

Boo: I didn't want to go overboard this year either. I haven't even bought any chocolate foil hearts this year. Have fun with your sugar-tripping kid later! *grin*

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*looks around Seana's blog*

Um, so where are the cookies? All I see is a bunch of juice.

*waits patiently for cookies*

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I've never ridden on a bus. (other than a school bus) I love my car. :)

*waits with Weltek for cookies*

Hi Seana! *smooch*

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I sent juice into school today.

I also helped DD deliver her mail to the other kids mailboxes. She gave out Spongebob valentines where I taped a red lollipop to each one. they had a party there. She got tons of candy with each "mail".

Oh and when I picked her up, Jack decided to lay down and not walk and she had poop oozing out of her brand new pink pants with a heart on it.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:23:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Oh, ew, zombie. I'm glad we're finished with poopy accidents for the most part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home