Monday, February 06, 2006

Various

Didya see?

http://status.blogger.com/

Yet another outage tonight. I sure hope none of my other posts disappears. I'm running around right now trying to see which comments I remember making are still there.

*****

It's really incredibly windy out today. It was yesterday too.

*****

2 of my best friends from my days at Pizza Hut were over on Saturday. I think they both look great. Why can I look at myself and my friends and not see the passage of time? I mean, my hair is going grey, but otherwise, I don't see lines on my face or anything. I commented to them that they don't look older to me, and they told me what they've noticed about themselves. I wonder if it's just because they both keep in shape and eat well. My girlfriends from high school always look older to me. Every time I see them. I don't think they are as conscious (as a group) of their health. Weird.

Anyway, one of them is an actress. You will not have heard of her, but Canadians might have seen her in commercials for Tim Horton's and others. I saw her recently mispronouncing "jalapeno" for comedic effect in an ad for something. She has her own page on imdb, which is super-cool. Unfortunately, no picture as yet.

The other is an interior designer. She and I used to have coffee on Wednesday nights. We would just go to a little dessert and coffee house and sit and talk for hours. We also took Aqufit classess together. That was a lot of fun. We had wanted to get in shape. So there we were in our swimsuits, the only 2 people under the age of 50 and under 200 pounds. So we asked these really not-in-shape old women how long they'd been doing this. The answer? Most of them had been going for over a year. Well, we thought we'd try it anyway. Wow! That's quite a workout! Now if only the other women had actually followed the instructor and made some kind of effort, I bet they'd have seen some benefits. You know, besides the social ones. Which are good, but you can get the same thing by mall walking.

*****

I hope Blogger doesn't do away with this second post about my friends.

10 Comments:

At Monday, February 06, 2006 5:35:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Ick. I hope blogger isn't as bad tonight as it was before. I was going to blog tonight, too. Oh well. LOL about the swimming thing. I've heard alot about that same thing at Curves (an all female gym thingy) where there are lots of nice ladies, all mostly overweight and not showing signs of losing. *shrug*

Hope you read this comment before blogger takes it. *grin*

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006 6:13:00 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

I'm hoping they are taking us down so that they can fix all the problems.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Hi sweety!

I have heard that there have been issues but that isn't why not many surface in my blog, I don't think.

Hello DooWah, we've not met and I have not had much time to spend on OT this past year, but rest assured I am not a troll ;D

*smooches* from yet another Pizza Hutter :D

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Blogger seems to be A-OK now. I hope, anyway.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Greetings, all! Where is this woe=troll thing, so I can see why you said that?

Can we call you Woe the Troll now. *snort*

Yes, I hope that Blogger is OK now.

*smooches* to all

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I didn't log on during the outage. How was it?

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Could be you aren't seeing yourself age because you are still young LOL.

Actually, when I went to my 25th HS reunion last year, it really amazed me to see how good everyone looked. It was nice.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:07:00 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

So I hear that new crust at Pizza Hut is really good.

Yeah...that's all I've got.

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

I've seen that commercial! It's funny! Her character is just sooooo annoying!

 
At Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Ask LC about her days at Pizza Rut. Especially the night I and my buds came in and decided to try an experiment with an ashtray. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home