Freaky and the Dork
My aunt and uncle dropped by this morning to give us some of my grandmother's old glassware. It's nice stuff, very old. Of course, it's the sentimental value that makes it important. Actually, we were supposed to get different glasses, but apparently they brought the wrong box. So we'll keep these ones and they'll bring the new ones whenever they come back down this way. They're not often here because they live north of Toronto and it's quite a distance just to drop off a box of glasses.
Anyway, they were also kind enough to give us a photo album from my parent's wedding. Of course, they're divorced now, but the pictures are still very nice. My mom and dad really looked good together. It's odd to look at pictures of Nana standing, since I only remember her in her wheelchair.
The photo album also contained some pictures from our own wedding, as well as a couple pictures just from when we were dating. Nana would always take a picture of everyone who ever visited. So there we are. What the hell was I ever thinking? I wish I could scan these pics in so that you could all make fun of me. Good grief.
I was such a freak. DH says he looked like a dork. I don't really agree, but he kept pointing out little things that were kind of funny when you have them pointed out to you. And my mouth is always open. Laughing or talking or whatever, always with my big maw gaping. Apparently, I need to learn to just shut up.


10 Comments:
LOL! @ the pictures!
I'm sure it must be nice to get some of your grandmother's things. I know that kind of stuff is always a sentimental favorite of mine too.
Hey! Nor fair. You can't tell us about pictures that you can't share!
Does anyone know if I can get a CD made from one of those photo centre things at the grocery store and at WalMart? I know you can scan in pics and resize them and crop them and such, because I've done that before. But could I take in a few pics, scan them in and burn a CD? If so, then I can show you my hair in all its glory.
Ooh! Try it. I'm not really sure, but I'd be so grateful if you tried. Maybe give Wal-Mart a call and ask first?
Do IT. Do IT. We want pics!
If you post a pic, Nutzy will post one. She told me so!
I think you can do just about anything at those photo centers. Do it, do it, do it.
How very cool. Sounds like a wonderful group of treasures that your aunt and uncle brought.
And yes, you can take your photos to an office supply place or a photo center and scan them to a disk.
I wish you could scan them in to share. I love looking at photos from the past.
Ironic that I came in here to say how busy you'd been making new blog posts.
*shuts up*
Where are the pictures, freak?
Post a Comment
<< Home