We're Thinking about Moving
So there was a shooting on my street tonight. Lucky me, I had just walked past that place on the street, where the car had pulled up to the sidewalk to talk to the guy walking, and up onto my porch with my 7-year-old daughter when we heard the pop pop pop and I shuffled her inside. It was probably drug or gang related. That's me guessing. I don't know. The police blocked off the street for a couple hours and put all that "Do Not Cross" tape up around a couple of houses. We have a lot of pot smokers and dealers on the street. We used to have a crack house, but that's been gone for a year. There were a couple guys in trenchcoats, the one looking a bit like Brisco from Law and Order. Detectives, I guess.
I'm scared.
Editted to clarify that since I saw the guy on the sidewalk dive into the car after the popping noise, I'm assuming they were the target. I don't know. It doesn't sound anything like on TV.


7 Comments:
Holy crap, Seana!!! You can't move soon enough! That's just crazy. You must keep your kids safe above all else.
{{{hugs}}}
That's horrible! How scary for you. I hope you can move, the sooner the better. We used to have a pot dealer on our steet, but he has stopped. I think he only smokes it now. *rolls eyes* (it's my younger brother)
Stupid people.
Yikes!
Wow! I would definitely think seriously about moving. Absolutely scarey! You be careful sweetie!!!
So this was the lead story on the news at 6 tonight. They got the time wrong by 15 minutes, but I guess no-one really cares.
I didn't even see the camera trucks on the street today. Not that I was looking. I was too busy trying to figure out why the people across the street would let their kids play street hockey after a shooting, but kept them inside when we had the crack house.
I think my next door neighbour is involved. I really do. He's such an ass, and up to his eyeballs in drugs. He wants "respect" but he's never done anything to warrant it, unless you count dropping out of school and then sitting on your front porch smoking for 6 years. He helped run the crack house by bringing in new customers and providing a taxi service for the hookers. Well, until he lost his license. It seems he's got it back now. God, I hate him.
Moving sounds good. Crack dealers sound scary.
Ack!! Very scary. I hope you can move soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home