Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Not-So-Polite Version

Cher Siege Social,

Give me my bloody T4's. It's freaking tax time and I need my stupid forms. You know why I'm emailing you now? Because in all the years I worked for you, you never managed to get the damned things mailed out on time. One year I barely made it to file because you'd taken so damn long. I realise that France doesn't do things the same way, but, hey, that's what you get when you want to do business in another country. Oh, wait! Didn't you decide you didn't want to do business here after all and fire my boss? He needs his T4 too. Get on that, would you?

And how many freaking emails do I need to send before you even acknowledge that I'm here? I'm going to pester you mercilessly until you at least say that you got one of them.

Sacre marde.

Donnez-les-moi.

Veuillez accepter, Messieurs et Madames, l'expression de mes sentiments distingues.

Seana

23 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

That was all kind of sexy to me. *grin*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Yall do things differently in Canada, don't you? LOL!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

Chers crosseurs:

Auriez-vous le bonté d'aller vous faire enculer? Merci bien.

La Coco

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

English, please.

Are T-4s like our W-2s that report your income, taxes paid, etc? When do you have to file?

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Donnez moi les formes de T-4 or je suis boomer ta tete

love


Bob

I love French

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Thanks, Coco! Here's where I admit I don't know what I "crosseur" is. My repertoire of French swear words is surprisingly small.

Momma: yes, a T4 reports your income, etc. for our version of the IRS(CCRA). They legally have to send the form out by the last day of February. We have to file by the last day of April. I know I'm early, but if I don't start now...well, one year they didn't get the forms out until mid-April. I had begun to threaten them with calling the CCRA, who could fine them for not complying with the law.

I'm going to be polite for now, though.

LOL Bob!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

And how do you get the accents to show up? When I do the alt+0233 or whatever, I just get a bunch of weird code.

é

Did that show up?

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Oh fer heck. Maybe it's only when I write a posting. When I tried to write "Université Laval" and "Québec" in the How We Met story, it came up all %&$ and such.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Sacre bleu, it's nice to see you back Seana *smooooooooooch*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Vous avez un plus de temps. C'est tres facile!

Pourquoi? Mais, je te veux allez ne pas lycee!

*that's all I remember from high school French class.*

Fun!

*smooch*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:07:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Voulez vous couchez avec moi, c'est sois?

*giggle*

I do know French (took it for seven years), but it takes work to come up with a snarky French reply, so I'll just leave it at that! *grin*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:29:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Nutz, I thought it was "ce soir"? That phrase is an important one to know!

(And my answer? "Oui!") *grin*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:22:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

Wow. In the US, companies have to have our tax forms mailed out by the end of January and we have to file by April 15.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

You know, except for the salutation and the signature (and 2 minor sentences), that was all in English.

*smooch* Nookie. It's good to be back.

MTW: did you just call me old? :D

Hee hee, Nutz.

Suddenly, I want to sing "Plaint d'un foque en Alaska".

Or...

C'est la coqueluche des grands drive-ins

A fait fureur avec ses bottines

Qui ça?

Bobépine!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Momma: DH and I usually file as soon as the T4s come in. We don't like to sit around waiting, since everyone else is in a huge panic by the end of April.

Additionally, people who are self-employed have another couple months to file their taxes. I think until the end of June. I wonder about that. You'd think the self-employed people would be all organised and such and wouldn't need so much more time.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Oh Seana, I forgot... this is my favorite French saying. I have it posted on my cubicle wall at work:

Pardonnez-moi, mais avez-vous un porce-epic coince entre les fesses?

Words to live by!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

*snort* MTW! Yes! See? I can't even spell in French!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

Waaaahh! I have no idea what everyone is saying!!

*sob*

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Crazy Canadians and their hockey hair.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:43:00 PM, Blogger lights said...

*le snort*

I only know how to swear in french.

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sits with mm as usual* - perhaps she is really my twin.

LOL at Lights.

Boo <------- I only know how to kiss in french.

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*orders some Freedom Fries*

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

se crosser: to masturbate

crosseur: someone who cheats others

Oh, and thanks so much for the earworm.

*wanders out, humming 'Qui, ça? Bobépine!'*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home