Monday, January 02, 2006

In Praise of My Husband

I wrote this on New Year's Eve, but didn't post it. Here it is now.

*****

OK, I can be pretty hard on DH. We've been together for a long time, and we grate on each other now and then. There are ongoing struggles and perpetual arguments. However.

I am sitting here right now listening to him singing with DS in DS's room. He always reads him a story before bed, then they sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and sometimes something else. Sometimes they read "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb", which DS knows by heart, the exact way that DH reads it. I do it wrong. *grin*

When I see him taking DD for a ride on the motorcycle or getting DS to help him fix things, I fall in love with him all over again. Maybe it's not the breathless romance of 15 years ago, but it still brings a little tear to my eye.

[/sappy]

19 Comments:

At Monday, January 02, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Blogger Monstah said...

Funny. We can love them in so many different ways.

 
At Monday, January 02, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, Seana.

I know that same feeling.

 
At Monday, January 02, 2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

So very sweet. We're beginning to develop moments like that around here with the Rottens and DH. It's quite cute.

 
At Monday, January 02, 2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

You are a total, total sap.

Like from a tree kinda sap.

 
At Monday, January 02, 2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

That was beautiful, Seana. And what a great example of a good marriage for your children!

 
At Monday, January 02, 2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I'm so happy for you. My Dh's latest idea of parenting is waiting for me to get back to pretend he wasn't playing online poker while the kids were tearing up the entire house.

ugh. He needs a shock collar.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:31:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Aww, Seana! That was so sweet. You and DH are very lucky.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Awww! That is sooooo sweet! I'm sure he feels the same way about wonderful you!

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:33:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Very nice tribute. *smooch*

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Coco said...

That's wonderful.
*big smooch*

I love observing those little moments when they are totally absorbed in each other.

(Oh, and Bob? Is the sappiest person I know)

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Pretty little moments. Don't you love it when the whole family is at home and safe?

*good sigh*

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:10:00 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I'm jealous.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Thank-you all. :-)

Rose: Poor you. Enjoy your visit with your friend later. I guess you'll have a lot of work to do when you get home. *hug*

HD: And? He's really hairy. *grin*

Bob is sappy? Wow. It was all the blowing up of stuff that threw me off.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Yep, they sure do have their moments :-)

So sweet Seana.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Bob is NOT sappy!

Bob thought that whole tribute thing was just silly and it it didn't make her smile at the screen and tear up a tiny bit AT ALL!

So There.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Bob is so mushy. She gets all teary-eyed at long-distance commercials.

The blowing up is to compensate.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Bob likes me! She really likes me!

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I think that is beautiful!

*wipes tear from cheek*

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger arkie said...

That is so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home