Monday, December 19, 2005

Busy Weekend

Hi, MM! I was just coming here to update. I actually wrote a gigantic rant on Friday about why I don't want to go to my mother's on Christmas Day, but then I felt better knowing it was all written down somewhere and didn't post it.

Saturday was Christmas at Dad's, since it has been decided (though not with any input from me) that we will be going to Dad's on alternate years now. It was lots of fun. I'm glad that Middle Sister brought a fruit plate. I was going to bring something for the kids to eat, but didn't because I didn't want to insult Dad's GF. She always makes cool semi-experimental food, like the veggies with pancetta and all the weird appetisers. All very yummy, but not suitable for picky kids.

I had asked Youngest Sister if she would give me back the SuperNintendo that I lent her ages ago. It turns out I don't have the SuperMario, only Zelda and Final Fantasy II and III. CronoTrigger isn't there either. I guess my SIL has it. I'll have to ask her on Boxing Day. I want Mario. *pout*

On the way home, we stopped by the house with the 50,000 lights. The kids love that place. They had a bunch of new stuff this year. Very cool.

Sunday we went to Niagara Falls to see the lights. We only got out of the car for a little while to go use the public restrooms and have a look at the Falls. The kids wanted to watch them for a while, so we had to promise we'd go back in the summer. DD still remembers how we stayed in the hotel on the silly street. (Clifton Hill - it's so tacky. I love it.)

We got our pictures back. I've decided to start getting a CD instead of a second set. Here are the kids at the Lion Safari.

*pic removed*

That was a fun day. It was our 11th anniversary. We took the kids to Niagara Falls (and stayed in a hotel) for our 10th. I wonder what we'll have the kids with us for next year? :D ( Up until now, we've both been working, and felt we didn't get enought time with them)

Sorry to take so long with the update. Now I have to go wrap some presents.

25 Comments:

At Monday, December 19, 2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

Clifton Hill and Lundy's Lane are always fun. When I played slopitch we'd go to the Provincials in Niagara every September and we would stay on Lundy's Lane. On those weekends Niagara Falls was crawling with ball players. I miss those weekends. I've made a lot of drunken strolls up and down Clifton Hill. The down part was always so much easier.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

Awwwwwww, cute kiddie pictures.
I want to go to Niagra Falls. I gotta get Michelle to travel more.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 11:49:00 AM, Blogger mm said...

Thanks for the update! ;-)

Adorable kids! I've never been to Niagra Falls either, but I'd love to go. DD looks like you, I think. :)

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

Happy Anni!!!!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger ukrocks said...

My family and I went to Niagra Falls on the Canadian side in the Summer of 2004. So my sister and I could say we've been out of the US. We saw the fireworks on the falls. Our hotel was on a street that looked really urband, we didn't expect it to look at all like that. The falls is a pretty neat place.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Welcome, UKRocks! Were you there the weekend of June 11? 'Cause it would be cool to think we were wandering the same streets at the same time.

I hope if any of you make it up to the Falls you'll let me know. I want to give up my MOPS membership. :-)

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I can so relate to the lack-of-Mario pouting ;-) and I am still looking for an NES. Like I have SOOOO much time to play, lol.

Beautiful kids Seana.

*smooch* and Happy Anniversary!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Monstah said...

What cuties! Happy anni too!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 2:40:00 PM, Blogger momma said...

Lightsy? What's a slopitch? Is it like jockitch?

See! I told you that you Canadians were weird.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Wait? It is that warm in Canada now? Get some clothes on those cuties!!!

Are you trying to beat me out for worst mommy?

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Oh Niagara Falls. (note correct spelling here from an American)

I used to live in Niagara Falls/Lewiston(yes the finish line of the Amazing Race) when I went to school at Niagara(still spelling correctly!) University located on the beautiful Monteagle Gorge just over the Whirlpools and minutes from the Queenstown-Lewiston bridge, right next to The Power Authority! You might even say I used to work in the Factory Outlet mall and convert Canadian currency for those that want to buy cheap watches.

Niagara Falls=lovely in summer
Niagara Falls=hell in winter and smells like kielbasa.

I could go on and on about Niagara Falls.

Oh I could go on and on.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

I think I will.

ARe you near the clock gardern Seana? Do you go to Niagara on the Lake?

DH, myself and Belle went there Canadian/American independence days in Summer of 2003 when I was pregos with Jack. He loved it and wants to go back. I am a little anxious about that until Jack gets out of the climbing stage. We took then 10 month old Belle on the Maid of the Mist.

Oh I used to live in a duplex in Lewiston near the Lady of Fatima shrine.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Is everyone asleep now?

The kids are really cute by the way!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Sounds like a fun time!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Hi, Seana!

I have to rush off to pick up my kid, but yours are adorable!

Happy anniversary!

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

LOL @ Momma. I keep reading slop-itch too, instead of slow pitch. (I assume softball.)

Coco: hope you got some sleep!

You funny, Zombie. I fixed the typo, BTW. Sheesh. I live a 45-minute drive from NIagara Falls, so not near the clock garden. I haven't been to NIagara-on-the-Lake in years, but I have friends there.

Our anniversary was in June, which is when the picture was taken. Thank-you all. As a side note, I can barely believe that we've been married for so long, much less that we've been together for 15 years. I mean, wow.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*slides in a few presents for Seana to wrap*

Cute kiddie pics!! Happy Anniversary, and thanks for the update! I have missed you.

I have not taken enough time this year to go look at lights. I did not get my wreathes up, but I have my candles in the windows. And I have my tree up and the mantle decorated. From the street, our house looks like the Jewish house, compared to my other neighbor freaks. They went overboard, I went a little understated.

Oh well.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

I'm only wrapping these because DS had so much fun wrapping the ones for his cousins. :D He is so. cute.

Understated is classy. We don't really do classy here, but we don't go overboard either.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:32:00 AM, Blogger ukrocks said...

Seana, I jst check the date we were there, and yes it was the weekend of June 11, 2004. That is unbeleiveable. I was like thats around the time I was there. We were there a couple of days, then we went to Tornto, and then we wrapped it up by going to Chicago for a couple of days. So we were walking on the same streets.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:38:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

Slo-pitch! Not jock itch! Although that may have been a problem on some of the men's teams. I think slo-pitch is like softball. The pitching is slow as opposed to fastball, the pitch has to have between a 6 and 12' arc, and there is no base-stealing. It's a game that even us old, semi-athletic people can play. Seana, you've never heard of it? It's one of the biggest summer sports in Canada.

lights <---- not a weird Canadian

*glares at momma*

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Seana said...

Oh my heck, UK! How cool is that? That was the weekend they opened the Fallsview casino, so it was really busy.

Lights: I've heard of it, sure, but like I said, the spelling threw me. :-)

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:57:00 AM, Blogger momma said...

Lightsy, honey...'round these here parts? It's slow pitch.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger lights said...

And y'all think we're weird for adding extra letters in our wourds. *giggle*

I'm glad to hear that Seana. I was afraid we'd have to take away your Canadian citizenship there for a minute.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Coco already took away my citizenship for not liking poutine. Or beer.

I know, I know.

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home