Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cartoons

I like cartoons. I used to watch Teletoon (our version of Cartoon Network) all the time. Now, of course, we only get basic cable, because it's cheaper (though not by much). The adult ones were pretty good. Not just Simpsons and Family Guy, both of which I like but don't get to see very often on account of the kids, but other, weirder cartoons. Like

Aeon Flux






This show was really bizarre. But the stories felt more like short films than episodes of a TV show. Looking for this pic to post, I was reminded that they're making a live action movie with Charlize Theron. I'm sure it will be heavy on the special effects.








Quads











Damn insensitive tale of a guy who gets pissed drunk and walks in front of a car. Now he's quadriplegic, but the guy who hit him has lots of money, so the settlement allows our hero to buy a mansion and "fill it full of freaks" (from the theme song). The most handicapped of the lot is, of course, the head on a skateboard. I'm not sure why this stupid show made me giggle. It's really awful.



Undergrads

















Four lifelong friends in first year at 3 different universities. Kind of nostalgic. They never made a second season, so I'm left wondering how a couple things worked out.

How about you? You watch cartoons? Anime? Think it's all crap? Let's hear about it.

*****

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. There's shopping to be done and all kinds of chores. DH is on afternoons this week, so I have no car. Monday we took the bus to DD's ballet class. The kids really had fun. The bus is cool, turns out. :-) Today, my cousin took us to get Santa pictures. That was nice, but took all kinds of time because we had to put the carseats in and then take them out again. Oh well. Still missing you all...hope to be around more when the holidays are over.

*smooches*

P.S. If you missed pics and would like to see them, I'd be happy to email them. Please PM me an address at the other place. :-)

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Bravie said...

I used to love Aoen Flux. Somehow the movie doesn't look like it will be as good.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I don't recognize any of the cartoons you posted. We didn't have any kind of cable growing up so all I saw was Bugs Bunny.

I love Charlize Theron but I'll probably wait for the movie to come out on dvd before seeing it.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh, I miss you!!! I think we are all pretty busy these days with the holidays coming up. *smoooch*

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Is this my hubby posting from Canada?

I used to watch Aeon Flux but the movie does not look so good.

DH loves Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama etc...anything on Adult Swim(he also posts at their message boards). I like the Simpsons and Futurama and Spongebob.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:30:00 PM, Blogger mm said...

I'll echo everything Nookie said, and add some {{hugs}} for Seana. Can't wait for the holidays to end so we are all back to normal here.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I don't remember Aeon Flux.

*pouts*

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Seana said...

Ha! I forgot Futurama. I love that show. I even like that "American Dad", which is just a ripoff of Family Guy by the same people who did Family Guy. I guess their imagination is only good for so long. I've warmed up to Spongebob in the last little while. It still smells a bit too much like Ren and Stimpy to me (I hated that show), but it can be funny.

Never seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but the name makes me laugh. I might watch it one day for fun.

Never got into King of the Hill or South Park.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:15:00 PM, Blogger mtw said...

Not much into cartoons or buses, but you are just SOOOO cute, I had to come over and *smooch* you for no reason at all.

:-)

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:23:00 AM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

I always loved Looney Tunes! When the kids were younger, they had some of the best Nicktoons. Angry Beavers, Ahhh! Real Monsters, they were the best.

Nutzboy watches all of that anime stuff Dragonball (and DBZ & DBGT) are his favorites! They have an anime club at his high school, but he hasn't been able to go because of his sports schedule. He also loves Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Futurama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home