Who's got a lot of patience?
A Roadblock is a task that (apparently) only one team member may perform. In this Roadblock, one member of each team will go shopping in hot, crowded malls and stores full of surly clerks who don't know where things might be or even if, in fact, the store carries a particular item. The team member will need to find appropriate gifts for each of the following:- 11 children, ranging in age from 9 months to 11 years
- 16 adults
- 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs (Because they shouldn't be left out, Mom.)
When the task is complete, the team member can concentrate on baking for the first of several holiday get-togethers, taking place in 2 days.
I'M DONE!!! Eeeee heee heeee!!
I'm going to have a cup of coffee and then clean something. Maybe the living room.


24 Comments:
That's a whole lotta kids. Damn.
I finished my shopping today. *grin*
Good for you! I'm so proud. Really. DH's niece and nephew each have 2 kids, MIL's husband's kids have kids, plus my kids, plus my former babysitter's kids = 11. Gack.
Best gift for an adult? "Around the World in Several Beers" for my BIL. A selection of beers from Germany, Denmark, Japan and others.
Best gift for a kid? DS's new bike. Or maybe DD's rock tumbler.
I was still trying to edit the pictures in the right place when you posted. They're still not the way I want them, but I give up. :D
*smooch* Now we can just bake, eat and drink. *sigh* Good times.
Wahhhh! I still have to start but you see I have these 2 squirming things that won't leave my side. DH either works late at his new job or is dealing with end of classes. Of course tonight he is at the company Xmaz party.
Now they both have colds and so do I. I can't shop online cause they notice! I need toys!!!!!!!!!
However we are making a lot of progress on our craft gifts for relatives.
Good for Seana and Breezy!
This is a task I would like to let my teammate perform. I am close to being finished shopping, but not quite.
I hate shopping. I'm impressed that after all that, you still want to clean something.
Wow. I am so impressed with you efficient peeps. *bows down to Seana*
I haven't started. *sigh* Luckily, my shopping list is a lot shorter than yours. Two teenage girls, one SIL, and my husband. Everyone else gets pictures this year. Or pity cookies.
Zombs, Eric is out at his staff Christmas party too.
Color me jealous.
I have not even completed 50% of my shopping. I'm thinking lots of gift cards for those I haven't started yet.
So, what *do* you buy a guinea pig?
Congrats on getting it all done!
*smooch*
Thank-you, thank-you.
Carey: I'd have liked my partner to have done some of it.
Zombs: OK, I guess I *can* say that DH kept the kids busy while I was shopping. Good luck getting some time to do it.
*smooches* to MM, Coco and momma.
Arkie: Carrots and alfalfa. The cats get a can of tuna. :D
Due to some odd family dynamics, Christmas at Dad's is on Saturday (for which I will be bringing either breadsticks or an almond roll). We had to at least buy for Dad and his GF. We are going to Mom's on Christmas Day. (There's a whole thing here, which pisses me off. I might write about it later.) Then we go to DH's sister's on Boxing Day. (That's the 26th.)
We don't have plans for New Year's. Probably we'll do what we've been doing for the last 6 years - stay in, order Chinese and watch movies.
What is Boxing Day for? Beating up those that gave you presents you hate?
Shopping and gifts wrapped here.
I've done some. I thought I was done for Conner until I heard about some dog they have at Wally World that actually acts like a dog. Since Conner cannot play with Jack, I feel the need to get him this dog. And If I'm going to venture into Wally World, I must really feel the need.
I still have to go buy something for my Secret Santa person (who does NOT post here). I have no clue because what I wanted to get for him/her is not available right now.
I have to buy for:
dh
boss
Conner - just the dog
The sitters
All of this should take a lunch hour.
I went to Toys R Us on Wednesday to buy for all of the children I seemed to have acquired over the last 3 years, another Blog post entirely, and during that very stressful hour, I wished many times for the store to suddenly turn into "Guns R Us."
I'm mainly done. Only Mr Bob and my sister to buy a couple things for, but only because everything else got shipped off.
It's an odd, odd feeling to be done so early.
Momma: Boxing Day is for getting paid for 8 hours without working. :D Well, not me. I don't get paid for any of the work I do. I didn't get paid for it before either, but now I can't even complain that no-one is helping me.
Dobie: you're like my sister. When she was a lot younger, she and I had a friendly competition to be the first to put a present under the tree. She has carried this over the years to the silly extreme of being done her shopping months in advance.
Sonya: Rats. You've got me beat. Not looking forward to the wrapping. All the hunching over hurts my back.
BooHoo: GunsRUs *snort*. Are you looking for a "FurReal Friend"? DD wants one of those. I put it on her list for one of my sisters. (I give everyone who asks a bunch of suggestions/ideas, different ones for each.) They look cute and not too expensive.
Bob: Good for you! And you're right. Usually when I'm done getting the main presents, I start getting the add-ons - chocolate Santas, candy canes, little funny things from the dollar store...But not this year. No. Standing firm. No more. Everyone can just like what they've got. Yup.
I'm almost done. Just one big present for Mr. Nutz! He wants some fancy watch (because the 7 watches he owns already just aren't enough for some reason), but I have to wait until my next check comes on Friday. I only get paid every two weeks and the last one went to all the other shopping.
Wrapping? I'm not even thinking about that yet! Ugh. I can make the kids do a bunch of it.
Wow, cool. Loved that post
*cstl*
Welcome, CSTL! Nice to see you.
Nutz: LOL @ DH's watch obsession. With my DH, it's pens. He always wants a new one. Cheap ones, expensive ones, gel pens, ball point pens, fine point, medium point, blue, black...it never ends. Maybe it's a guy thing?
Just got back from Dad and GF's. I had a lot to drink, but didn't get drunk because the drinks were spaced out over the evening. Did you know you can get prepared shooters at the liquor store? They're kewl. Also: chocolate martini = yum.
LOL! You not-drunk commented all over the place...you sure you weren't drunk? ;-)
That final crossing off on the list is wonderful! Good for you! Also, I am most amused by your writing and ideas. It makes me laugh. :)
MM: why should the drunks have all the fun. I agree, though. It does kinda look like a protesting too much kind of thing...
Rats.
This is just a quickie post. We're going to see the lights at Niagara Falls tonight, and we have to be back pretty early to get the kids to bed.
*smooches* to all!
*peeks in for update*
*sigh*
Don't tell me you have to buy gifts for 11 children and 16 adults??? Wow! why not just have a gift exchange? Would be a hell of a lot cheaper and less stressful.
I'm all done. I even wrapped gifts last night for DH. We will be leaving on Friday to go to Calgary for a week so we'll do our own exchange on Wed or Thur this week.
I'm basically done. Friday night I finished off my list and then spent the weekend wrapping. Tonight is grocery shopping and I might buy one small present to put under the tree for Dave. I bought him his new truck fenders for Christmas and they're already on the truck so I'd like to have something for him under the tree. We will likely go out and buy ourselves something on Boxing Day. That's normally what we do.
Post a Comment
<< Home